300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #of officers per car/call

I'm curious to know which departments around the DFW metroplex use a partner system vs. single officer car. Does it vary by time or beat? Also, how many cars are typically dispatched to the various types of calls? Thanks.

Originally posted by BP03 View Post
    I'm curious to know which departments around the DFW metroplex use a partner system vs. single officer car. Does it vary by time or beat? Also, how many cars are typically dispatched to the various types of calls? Thanks.

I've heard Dallas does some? Only department I'm aware of.

Comment

That's an odd question
      “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”- Romans 12:12

Comment

This has given me somewhat of an idea for Wichita Falls, TX: http://cadweb.wfpd.net/

It has been interesting watching...something to do when you are bored..ha

Comment

Originally posted by BP03 View Post
          I officer per normal call. Different calls get different numbers. In a city there is a back up officer close. Traffic control, warrant service, or an emergency might get 3 plus cars.

One officer can handle most calls in my area, but it takes two to move the bodies to the corners vehicle if they dont play nice.

Comment

Most D/FW depts are single car assignments. Dependng on the call multiple officers will be dispatched. Single car increased visiblity and response time to call.

Dallas uses 2 officers per car in certain parts of the city for purposes of officer safety.

Comment

Field Training might make them look Phat on patrol...

Comment

When I was Arlington PD I was on 4th watch that we rode two man units just during that shift for the special assignments work we did (bar checks, knock&talks, and crack hotels ... stuff like that)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4241 users online. 248 members and 3993 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X