Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

96% and 79% average out to a good percentage. I’m fairly confident in the run and the written but a little worried about the row. I’ve rowing around that 77% - 79% also.

Comment

• BQ19_Whoop
      BQ19_Whoop commented
      Editing a comment
      Same boat here, but a little slower on the row (avg. 75%, best is 77%). Being short does me no favors

Damn, that's a hell of a time. Running never been my thing and I'm certain I'm gonna get a pretty crappy time. Not worried about anything else but the running. I test next Friday.

Comment

Hey all, recently tested and scored 90.5 overall. Does anyone have information on the process after that. Also, has anyone heard about the border assignments?

Comment

Heck of an average odo1987. I tested today, after the two PRT and two written tests I averaged out at 87%.
      From what I understand, and I could be wrong, a pretty large portion of the graduates will be sent to counties close to the border. Might not be right on the border, but at least that direction. I was told I’ll either be doing the interview or polygraph next, supposed to hear back from my recruiter later this week.

Comment

bryanfiji Thanks for sharing. I wish I’d had something like that to go off of when I initially started training. Guess I should’ve done a little more research. Cleaning up my form has helped a lot but there’s work yet to be done.

Comment

How is everyone doing in the application process? I currently am waiting for my PRT and written exam in a couple weeks in Garland. Very nervous but also very excited to begin this process.

Comment

• bryanfiji
            bryanfiji commented
            Editing a comment
            A word of advice, for what it’s worth. I’d be careful posting anything about the written tests on here. It’s a slippery slope as to what is and isn’t appropriate to share regarding the tests’ content. It’s probably best to avoid posting anything other than your scores, if you even want to share that.

• BQ19_Whoop
            BQ19_Whoop commented
            Editing a comment
            Now you done gone made me second-guess myself. I'm not trying to get too into the weeds with the content, just saying not to stress about the written too much. Apparently that's what a lot of folks are most concerned about going into it.

• bryanfiji
            bryanfiji commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol, I don’t think you crossed any lines, but some agencies are very particular about what is discussed regarding their tests, interviews, etc...plus based on your handle I’m guessing your an Aggie, so what you consider “not that hard” could be difficult for a Longhorn...
            Last edited by bryanfiji; 04-17-2019, 04:54 PM.

• BQ19_Whoop
            BQ19_Whoop commented
            Editing a comment
            Nah fam, I totally get where you’re coming from on all that. Thanks and gig ‘em.

BTHO polygraph.

bryanfiji...Have you received any further instructions since it has been two or three weeks since you tested?

Comment

• bryanfiji
            bryanfiji commented
            Editing a comment
            Not yet. Not sure whether interview or polygraph is next. They told us on test day that the interview process was in legal review, so it would be a few weeks.

• BQ19_Whoop
            BQ19_Whoop commented
            Editing a comment
            As in the legality of the interview process is being questioned? That’s strange to hear.

• DerekSmalls7
            DerekSmalls7 commented
            Editing a comment
            The 'legality' of the interview, eh? Interesting. Maybe it has something to do with changing the interview process from a board interview, in Austin, in front of 3-4 senior Troopers to a 1 on 1 interview with just the recruiter and you.

If y’all send me the group chat I’ll answer questions

Comment

• bryanfiji
            bryanfiji commented
            Editing a comment
            I don’t think we have one yet. Does GroupMe work?

I created a group chat with the Group Me app. PM me your phone number if you’d like to join.

Comment

So while you’re in the academy, do you stay there the whole time cut off from the outside world. Or do they give a couple days off here and there?

Comment

• doublet88
              doublet88 commented
              Editing a comment
              From what I understand... You are required to check in every Sunday afternoon or evening and will be released sometime Friday afternoon. There will be some Saturdays that you will be required to stay for some extra training. They will take your cell phone on Sunday and give it back to you on Friday. Yes, basically cut off from the outside world.

Hello All,

Has anyone done the interview yet, if so how did it go?

Comment

Anyone heard anything about next steps yet?

Comment

Has anyone heard anything about a potential accelerated academy for current Texas LEO's in 2020? Hard to commit to a 6 month academy, but DPS is very appealing to me.

Comment

Originally posted by BootsElectric View Post
                  Has anyone heard anything about a potential accelerated academy for current Texas LEO's in 2020? Hard to commit to a 6 month academy, but DPS is very appealing to me.
                  I heard they were done with doing that from a Trooper here recently, I guess you can play the wait and see game
                  "Always remember to use all fingers when waving at a Police Officer!"

Comment

Has anyone had trouble with poly

Comment

• NTX817
                      NTX817 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      doublet88, I agree 100% about the poly being something that I would not want to do again by any means. I also received a NDI but am curious on how long until the next step. Have you heard anything about an interview since your poly?

• doublet88
                      doublet88 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have not heard a thing since my poly. I’m going to give it another week or so before I try to contact my recruiter. I figure they will have to start contacting us pretty soon since poly and interview have to be done in the next month.

• NTX817
                      NTX817 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      doublet88, I bet you are right, with the end approaching soon and not very much time to get everything done in one month they will start getting everyone rolling through the process. Have you done much with the CAPPS?

• doublet88
                      doublet88 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      NTX817... I log on to CAPPS every few days to see if anything has changed but nothing has on my end. Looks the same way it has since I submitted my application. What about you?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6048 users online. 192 members and 5856 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X