300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avg. Length of Hiring Process for Tx. Depts

I understand there are different variables that come into play, but im just looking for a rough estimate. It seems for the most part that Tx area departments have a streamlined process, some as quick as 3 months. Most Louisiana depts, including mine, average 8-16 months for an applicant to be processed.

took me only a month granted I worked as a 911 call taker for another law enforcement agency but the agency i got hired with is pretty small so far so good.
    "If you want forgiveness go get some religion"

Comment

Depends I guess on how the hiring process is set up. Larger departments, Houston for one, will probably take longer than most smaller agencies. I work for a department of 170. For us, from civil service exam to a job offer is around 3 months, four at the most. Other agencies near us, same size or smaller, 3 months or less.

Hope it helps.

Comment

Mine took about a month and a half. Reason being I had to wait about 2.5 weeks until the next test date (written/physical) and then needed to wait about 3.5 weeks on background. The rest pretty much fell into place quickly. Of course my agency dose not use polygraph either so that took out a step.
        Ever feel like you live in the state of confusion?

Comment

F'in A....hate the poly..waste of time and resources

In the Houston area you can look from as little as 2 months with some smaller agencies and upwards of 6 months to a year with the bigger ones...if not longer.
          Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

I was hired by the Arlington PD within three and a half weeks. I did the preliminary interview and physical agility test the first week; medical, polygraph, and psych the next week, and the final board interview the week after that. It was very quick

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan71 View Post
              I was hired by the Arlington PD within three and a half weeks. I did the preliminary interview and physical agility test the first week; medical, polygraph, and psych the next week, and the final board interview the week after that. It was very quick

That's just about as fast as i have heard for a major police agency. Where did your background investigation come into play?

Comment

Originally posted by NOLAPIG View Post
                That's just about as fast as i have heard for a major police agency. Where did your background investigation come into play?
                Arlington PD's hiring process only takes 3 to 4 weeks. There is no civil service test since they require a 4 year degree with no exceptions. I'll break it down:

Pleminary Interview - 3/16/07
                Physical Agility Test - 3/16/07
                Background Investigation - Started on 3/20/07
                Medical - 3/29/07
                Polygraph - 3/30/07
                Psych - 3/30/07
                BI Investigator Final Interview - 4/3/07
                Final Oral Board - 4/12/07
                Last edited by saintsfan71; 04-30-2007, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan71 View Post
                  Arlington PD's hiring process only takes 3 to 4 weeks. There is no civil service test since they require a 4 year degree with no exceptions. I'll break it down:

Pleminary Interview - 3/16/07
                  Physical Agility Test - 3/16/07
                  Background Investigation - Started on 3/20/07
                  Medical - 3/29/07
                  Polygraph - 3/30/07
                  Psych - 3/30/07
                  BI Investigator Final Interview - 4/3/07
                  Final Oral Board - 4/12/07
                  Other PD's should take note of Arlington's streamlined process...that's amazing.

Comment

Holy hell.......that's fast as all get out. I mean that is the fastest hire I have ever seen in any department.

Wonder how they do that BI...I mean if I came up from Houston would it take longer?? Or do they make phone calls?? I think Arlington would be bad a** place to work
                    Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Metro Nashville PD takes 4 moths just to do your background..
                      Well they just tested last Saturday for the class that starts in October..

Comment

Originally posted by JSD73 View Post
                        Holy hell.......that's fast as all get out. I mean that is the fastest hire I have ever seen in any department.

Wonder how they do that BI...I mean if I came up from Houston would it take longer?? Or do they make phone calls?? I think Arlington would be bad a** place to work
                        Not sure how they do it. My BI only took 4 days to complete. The BI investigator started it on a tuesday and called me that friday and told me it was complete and scheduled a final interview with him to complete his report for the final review board. My BI investigator kept in constant contact with me, i heard from him atleast once a day to let me know how things were going and if he had a problem contacting anyone. I dont think it really matters where you live...i live in Mississippi
                        Last edited by saintsfan71; 05-02-2007, 04:24 PM. Reason: added left out words

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6113 users online. 346 members and 5767 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X