300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HPD polygraph

Good afternoon everyone! I completed my phase one and phase 2 just did my finger prints. For HPD Just waiting on my polygraph appointment. I’m sure I’ll do well since I’ve done one before for another police department and I passed. My question would be how strict is HPD with their polygraph? If you show deceifulnes in two or three questions will you still pass? I’m hearing mixed reviews on this

Originally posted by Houtx3 View Post
    Good afternoon everyone! I completed my phase one and phase 2 just did my finger prints. For HPD Just waiting on my polygraph appointment. I’m sure I’ll do well since I’ve done one before for another police department and I passed. My question would be how strict is HPD with their polygraph? If you show deceifulnes in two or three questions will you still pass? I’m hearing mixed reviews on this
    As long as you tell the truth there should not be a problem. I had a (NDD) No deception detected results . I simply just told the truth and let the chips fall where they may. If you have the guy that did my polygraph one lie and you are out of the process.

Comment

I also had NDD and just told the absolute truth with everything they asked. They know 99% of people have done something that they aren’t proud of and they just want you to be truthful about that. You will do great as long as you don’t try to hide anything!

Comment

Polygraph is easy with HPD. Hard part is waiting for the result which takes about 6-8 weeks. I am sure if a question comes deceitful then you may be given a chance to clear it and if they are not satisfied with the answer then the candidate is rightfully out of the process. If you come out inconclusive on a question or two, then depending on what came inconclusive, you may pass.

Comment

Originally posted by jlouis View Post

As long as you tell the truth there should not be a problem. I had a (NDD) No deception detected results . I simply just told the truth and let the chips fall where they may. If you have the guy that did my polygraph one lie and you are out of the process.
          Eh, I'll agree with the advice of "just tell the truth" but to say it's "simple" is a little misleading. There's a reason this stuff isn't admissible in court. It's not a perfect science. It's interpretation of physiological data. And one person's interpretation of something can be different from another. And that's not an excuse for someone who's failed a polygraph... just a simple truth that the process is not perfect. I didn't fail mine, but I was told I showed deception in the section about drug usage.. and I can 100% say I have never used a single drug in my life.

Nevertheless, the only thing you can do is tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4667 users online. 323 members and 4344 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X