300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston Police Academy, January 2019

Just wanted to get in touch with people who recently tested for HPD and see where we are in the selection process.

Phase 1 -- July 09th.
    Phase 2 -- July 23rd.
    Phase 3 -- Sept 10th.
    Phase 4 — Oct 24th - Nov 21st.
    Phase 5 -- (Psych) Nov 28th & (Med) Nov 30th.
    Dec 20th — All phases passed and waiting for final approval from the Chief.
    Jan 14th -- Disapproved by Chief.
    Jan 15th -- Wrote a letter to reconsider disapproval.
    Jan 25th -- Disapproval stays! Time to move on to a better department.

No further updates!
    Last edited by Gabru; 01-25-2019, 06:06 PM. Reason: Final Update!

@gabu This process I noticed is very slow.

Phase 1 -- Mar 22nd
    Phase 2 -- Apr 2nd
    Phase 3 -- Apr 20th
    Phase 4 -- Jun 21st
    Phase 5 -- Aug 10th (Medical)
    Aug 13th (Psych)

Still waiting to see if I passed the Psych but I thought it was good. If all goes through it might be the Nov Academy but never know.

Comment

• daisyoct31
      daisyoct31 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m doing phase two tomorrow so let’s hope for the best!

• Gabru
      Gabru commented
      Editing a comment
      daisyoct31 How did your Phase 2 go?

• daisyoct31
      daisyoct31 commented
      Editing a comment
      Gabru I got rescheduled for phase two I have it this Monday coming up which I’m getting nervous!!

• Gabru
      Gabru commented
      Editing a comment
      daisyoct31 Good Luck!!

Nordy75 I am still waiting for my polygraph to be scheduled... I called them up and was told in about 2 more weeks I should get a call and in weeks time from the call I shall test. That looks like 8 weeks from Phase 2.. phew!! I just hope it doesn't get delayed any further.

Btw, you are a lucky man.. got Phase 1-2-3 done in under 30 days.. I envy you :P hehe!!

Comment

• houstonstrong
      houstonstrong commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey man congrats on the progress. For perspective, it took me 6 weeks, but they do have a back up in almost every phase after phase 2 right now.

• Gabru
      Gabru commented
      Editing a comment
      houstonstrong.. thanks man! still waiting for that phone call.. lol

if department is that backed up, it needs to stop accepting new applications and process the one's in process first. But who am I to say :P

Finally got a call from the background investigator and the investigation process has been initiated. Based on the conversation, it seems the process has finally started to pick up pace for everyone in the process.
    Last edited by Gabru; 10-24-2018, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabru View Post
      Finally got a call from the background investigator and the investigation process has been initiated. Based on the conversation, it seems the process has finally started to pick up pace for everyone in the process.
      Congrats to you for moving forward.
      Hey there when you first started this thread I thought I would be in September or November class. It now looks like January if I get approved. I've been in phase 4 since August 22.

My timeline:

April 21 application
      May 10 Phase 1
      May 21. Phase 2
      June 7 Phase 3
      August 22 Phase 4 (Thought it was over 9/27)

Waiting for Med/Psch
      Last edited by jlouis; 10-25-2018, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• Gabru
        Gabru commented
        Editing a comment
        jlouis Based on the timeline my BI gave me, it seems like HPD is speeding up the process and coming back to normalcy. Nov class is already full... you will be in next class which is starting on Jan 22nd, Class #240.
        Last edited by Gabru; 01-09-2019, 10:34 AM.

• jlouis
        jlouis commented
        Editing a comment
        You are right I was told if I pass everything else I would definitely be in January class. I'm really hoping I hear something soon for the med/ psych. I hope your background is faster than mine.

• Priority_Blue
        Priority_Blue commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t think it’s on the 21st because of the holiday.
        Last edited by Priority_Blue; 12-03-2018, 10:59 AM.

Gabru I’m schedule for polygraph on Thursday Nov 1st I hope if everything goes well to make the January class!

Comment

• Gabru
        Gabru commented
        Editing a comment
        daisyoct31 congrats on the progress... and good luck for polygraph. It's pretty easy.. just stay calm and you'll do fine. Btw, you are lucky to be scheduled for polygraph that quick. Good luck!

Gabru It felt forever for me! But I passed my polygraph!! So now background. What step are you in?

Comment

Originally posted by daisyoct31 View Post
        Gabru It felt forever for me! But I passed my polygraph!! So now background. What step are you in?
        Great job! daisyoct31 My background investigation started Oct 24th. So basically, I need to sit tight for another 4-8 weeks, depending upon how fast the investigator finishes it, so he can schedule me for medical & psych.

Comment

• jlouis
          jlouis commented
          Editing a comment
          Gabru, question for you, It's the BI that schedules your med/psych? Is this is the person in control of my file until it goes to the chief? If so I'm really happy about that. My BI has been in contact with me a lot this week so it feels like things are going good for me to be finished with Phase 4 very soon.

jlouis It's BI that schedules medical & psych. He must not have finished your background yet or maybe there was something that had to be dug up deeper, so it took him some time. BI will play god (in a good way ) until your file is complete. Once everything is done and BI will pass it on to Lt., then passed onto Cpt. and finally a complete package is sent to either Chief or Asst. Chief, depending on availability at the time.

Comment

• jlouis
          jlouis commented
          Editing a comment
          You are right they find everything about me. I've had to write statements.Thanks bro,by the way how do you know all of this? I'm guessing police in your family.

• Gabru
          Gabru commented
          Editing a comment
          jlouis - let’s just say that I am just a curious guy who happens to ask a lot of questions.

I’m in the beginning stages right now. Almost done with the application. So much information from long ago that’s hard to find. Hopefully it all works out.

Comment

• Gabru
          Gabru commented
          Editing a comment
          Rob_N_GTX yeah.. it's a lot of paperwork in the beginning. But it's an essential part of getting the job. Please take your time and fill in accurate information, else it may delay or worse at a much later stage. Get everything lined up so you may get in the April academy. Good luck!

Update:

I am now scheduled for phase 5.

My timeline so far:

April 21 Application
        Phase 1 May 10
        Phase 2 May 21
        Phase 3 June 7
        Phase 4 August 22-11-2
        Phase 5 November 13 Psych/ November 14 Med

Comment

Seems like you’re well on your way to making it in! Congrats. Looks like phase 4 took a exponentially long time.

Comment

• jlouis
            jlouis commented
            Editing a comment
            I appreciate man, it was really long wait, but I am happy to be moving forward

Am I the only one that has found format issues with the application? Places where only numbers are allowed but you need to type letters and so forth. I email HPD but haven’t gotten a response. Is there an issue with writing in information once the application is printed?

Comment

• Gabru
            Gabru commented
            Editing a comment
            I had no issues either.

It should be typed. I had no issues with it.

Comment

Originally posted by jlouis View Post
            Update:

I am now scheduled for phase 5.

My timeline so far:

April 21 Application
            Phase 1 May 10
            Phase 2 May 21
            Phase 3 June 7
            Phase 4 August 22-11-2
            Phase 5 November 13 Psych/ November 14 Med
            jlouis Congrats man! It took a while but you got it.. now knock these two (med & psych) out of your way and you should receive your conditional job offer around 2nd week of December. Good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12451 users online. 477 members and 11974 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X