Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve got to keep saying it’s 2019 or I’ll default to writing 2018 haha. Update:
    I’ve passed my medical and psych exams and am currently waiting for final approval. Fingers crossed.

Happy New Year everyone.

Comment

• PowerRanger
      PowerRanger commented
      Editing a comment
      Gabru, as of today I haven’t received any notification in regards to the seminar. (Out of state candidate).

• MrW4ffles7
      MrW4ffles7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Gabru I’ll be attending tomorrow. Going into work early to get out early.

• NA0826
      NA0826 commented
      Editing a comment
      Last edited by NA0826; 01-19-2019, 03:32 AM.

• Gabru
      Gabru commented
      Editing a comment
      PowerRanger Out of state candidates usually don't have to attend the Seminar. That's why you probably haven't heard about it.

MrW4ffles7 See ya tomorrow at the Seminar.

Does anyone know how many times they hold the academy a year? I plan on applying soon!

Comment

• Gabru
      Gabru commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe it varies by the recruitment initiative... but usually it's 4 each year plus lateral academy's.

• NA0826
      NA0826 commented
      Editing a comment
      Every 3 months. Jan 2019 (class 240), April 2019 (class 241), July 2019 (class 242), Oct 2019 (class 243).

Got it thank you! And congrats on making it to the chiefs desk!

Comment

• Gabru
      Gabru commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks bud...!

There's a facebook group created to allow out of town applicants to view the Seminar for Success Video. Not sure if it's live feed or recording but either way it'll be something helpful. It's called HPD Career Seminar For Success Group and hopefully they are active. https://www.facebook.com/groups/263145061100351/ Check with your BI and see if you can watch it. Hope this helps!

Comment

I just got on here...but I was also waiting for the chief to approve, and I got denied.. No clue why. Good luck to you guys, PS If anyone has information on anywhere else I can get TCOLE certification and a job, please let me know

Comment

• Anon1521
        Anon1521 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry to hear that, as far as I was aware the chief approves and denies all files at roughly the same time. Did you ask your background investigator why you were denied? I know alot of people fail the psychological test. Also I thought I seen somewhere that HPD has a appeals hearing if you wanted to appeal the decision, if it's something simple and worth appealing I would definitely give it a shot unless they did away with the appeals, I'm sure someone else on here can clarify that. I'm a out of state applicant so I'm not too familiar with the surrounding Houston area but most major departments train there own people so my advice for you man is to just keep applying, HPD is my second place I've applied so sometimes it takes a little bit to get hired somewhere. Just never give up if it's something you truely want to do, everything will fall into place for us all. Anyways good luck man!

• jlouis
        jlouis commented
        Editing a comment
        Last edited by jlouis; 04-07-2019, 11:44 PM.

• PowerRanger
        PowerRanger commented
        Editing a comment
        Last edited by PowerRanger; 01-07-2019, 01:58 PM.

• HPDLa935
        HPDLa935 commented
        Editing a comment
        Apply for other agencies such as Pasadena, and so on. Department within the city will get you a TCOLE or another way is you can get TCOLE from college and apply for the constable. Good luck.

saintjmj So sorry to hear that brother... sometimes it takes more than one go to get the job.. check with your BI and see why you were disqualified. To my understanding, it's BI that prepares a short summary of your profile that Chief goes through on making his decision. Try again with HPD and apply a few other agencies too.

PowerRanger Seminar was good... we were about 36 candidates from all walks of life. It was basically about how academy will be, how to ensure we stay away from things that could come in our way down the road... general stuff... but good insight. For me the best part was that I was able to interact with others and the Commander as well. 18 candidates have been approved till date and another 24 are on chief's desk. Total of approx. 75 are going to be hired for class 240.

Keep checking your email folks, you might hear something tomorrow.
      Last edited by Gabru; 01-03-2019, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• NA0826
        NA0826 commented
        Editing a comment
        Last edited by NA0826; 01-19-2019, 03:32 AM.

• Gabru
        Gabru commented
        Editing a comment
        NA0826 I met a few candidates and they were all approved prior to Christmas. But most of them had applied way earlier than what most of us have done. One was on fast track, so he got his approval quick. So from what I could gauge, most approvals were for people who started testing in April or so and a very few were from our timeline.

I heard the new hire orientation is January 14th, can anyone confirm that everyone in class 240 will be informed of there approval prior to the new hire orientation?

Comment

Originally posted by Anon1521 View Post
        I heard the new hire orientation is January 14th, can anyone confirm that everyone in class 240 will be informed of there approval prior to the new hire orientation?
        You heard it right. Most candidates will be informed about their approval prior to it but we were told that some may be approved after the orientation as well.

Comment

Last edited by NA0826; 01-04-2019, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Last edited by NA0826; 01-19-2019, 03:33 AM.

Comment

• jlouis
              jlouis commented
              Editing a comment
              Last edited by jlouis; 04-07-2019, 11:44 PM.

• Gabru
              Gabru commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats Bud!
              My file hasn't hit the Chief's desk yet. I will be part of the next batch that will be sent for approval next week.

• MrW4ffles7
              MrW4ffles7 commented
              Editing a comment
              Ayeeee!!!!!! That’s what’s up!

Last edited by jlouis; 04-07-2019, 11:45 PM.

Comment

• Gabru
              Gabru commented
              Editing a comment
              please check pm.. and good luck with your meeting. I am positive, you will hear the good news very soon.

• jlouis
              jlouis commented
              Editing a comment
              Last edited by jlouis; 04-07-2019, 11:45 PM.

• NA0826
              NA0826 commented
              Editing a comment
              Last edited by NA0826; 01-19-2019, 03:33 AM.

• Supercop2012
              Supercop2012 commented
              Editing a comment
              Last edited by Supercop2012; 01-07-2019, 01:13 PM.

Hi.
            I completed my phase 1 for HPD but they disqualified my application because of undetected criminal activity which I never had any in my life. I came to United States 7 years ago never had a trouble or any criminal history . I did appeal hearing so I’m having having an appointment this week so do you guys have any idea how this appealing process works!? And What they gonna ask?

Comment

• Gabru
              Gabru commented
              Editing a comment
              Undetected criminal activity? You probably checked a wrong box in your application or may be they ran a background check on you and found something. Not sure how the process works but most likely they'll call you in to clarify whatever they found. Just be honest about it and hopefully it'll work out for you. Good luck!

• redhairedbandit
              redhairedbandit commented
              Editing a comment
              I had the same problem. Only I went throught the entire process and then was denied for “undetected criminal activity” my hearing is Thursday...any advice?

Last edited by Supercop2012; 01-07-2019, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Received my orientation letter this morning with approval pending.

Comment

• jlouis
                jlouis commented
                Editing a comment
                Congratulations man! You deserve it!

• NA0826
                NA0826 commented
                Editing a comment
                Last edited by NA0826; 01-19-2019, 03:35 AM.

• Gabru
                Gabru commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks guys!
                and congrats PowerRanger .... I will see you & NA0826 there.
                Hope everyone in here get the approval for the class soon.
                Last edited by Gabru; 01-09-2019, 11:13 PM.

• NA0826
                NA0826 commented
                Editing a comment
                Last edited by NA0826; 01-19-2019, 03:34 AM.

PowerRanger Congrats! Did you guys get an email regarding orientation? Hopefully I get one within the next two days and anyone else waiting that’s on chief’s desk.

Comment

• PowerRanger
                PowerRanger commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you! I received an email. Going to be making the drive down on Friday since I’m out of state. I’m sure you will hear the good news soon!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6990 users online. 344 members and 6646 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X