Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The First 48"- Dallas, TX

Have any of you heard of this show? The First 48

What do you think of it?...ie..how realistic is it really? From what I have seen it seems to be pretty well done.. I've enjoyed seeing the Dallas detectives, Dallas Police Department, and Dallas cityscape shots on it.

About as real as real can get I would think.

Comment

Good show, it shows that real police work isn't all guns blazin' like most shows do.

Comment

I really enjoy the show. I believe it is realistic as I am a former Memphis cop and know so many of the detectives and officers on the show. I enjoy watching Dallas and Miami as I believe your cities are quite beautiful and full of action (for a cop )

Comment

One of the best shows by far on TV related to Law Enforcement. Like the others have said, as real as you can get. A friend of mine knows one of the Dallas guys that has been on there. They even sell the disc sets now at the stores.

Comment

Great show! I wish they had a little more follow-through on some of the cases though. Then again, some may not have ever been solved and others might not have gone to trial by the time of the show airing. I really like this show though.

Comment

Word

Originally posted by SHSURobert
              Great show! I wish they had a little more follow-through on some of the cases though. Then again, some may not have ever been solved and others might not have gone to trial by the time of the show airing. I really like this show though.
              I LOVE this show. I've been watching it for a few years now. I think it's so interesting, it's definitely what I'd want to work towards if I get lucky enough to be hired someday. If you go to this website, look over on the lefthand side and you can see they have a link to click on for "case updates" which gives more follow-up info as to what happened to the suspects after they were arrested. Sgt. Schillaci in Miami was always my favorite, but he was promoted to lieutenant so I think that's why he's not on the newer episodes.

http://www.aetv.com/the_first_48/first48_about.jsp
              "When people show you who they are, believe them." - Maya Angelou

Comment

Thanks for the info.

If you're talking about the older guy who went undercover on one of the episodes in Miami, he is freggin' awesome. I miss that guy!

Comment

Yeah that's the guy! Haha, are you talking about when he dressed up like the homeless guy?
                  "When people show you who they are, believe them." - Maya Angelou

Comment

He is a LT. with the street crime unit now. He was on some cop show at the end of last year. I think it came on A&E. But yea he was great at what he did.

Comment

Yeah, that was cool. He is the epitome of an old, salty cop.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4859 users online. 296 members and 4563 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X