Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston Police Mentor Program 2018 & 2019

Hi, guys.....

This topic was created to help out who is about to apply for the Houston Police Department (HPD). I am a mentor in the HPD mentor program. If you are about to apply for HPD and have not done anything yet, I can guide you through the entire process until you graduate and get off the FTO program on the street. You can message me or post it here if you have any questions and I will reply ASAP.

I have to say that is very nice of you. I started the process in Feb and wasn't sure how to start or even what I started.... I'm 42 starting a career change since this was something I have wanted to do for years but getting married and having small kids it was hard to do at that time. Now that 2 of my 3 kids are grown and in the Air-Force and the last one left is a Junior in HS it's time and I'm ready. In the BI (phase 4) now for about 3 weeks now and just waiting for phase 5. I hear the Sept class is on the 3rd. You know what the next class would be IF I miss the cut-off for the Sept class? They seem to be about 3 Months apart. Again it's nice of you to take time out of your day to help New guys like me and hope to start a new career in Law Enforcement (HPD)

Comment

• houstonstrong
      houstonstrong commented
      Editing a comment
      The class after Sept starts November 5th

Originally posted by HPDLa935 View Post
    Hi, guys.....

This topic was created to help out who is about to apply for the Houston Police Department (HPD). I am a mentor in the HPD mentor program. If you are about to apply for HPD and have not done anything yet, I can guide you through the entire process until you graduate and get off the FTO program on the street. You can message me or post it here if you have any questions and I will reply ASAP.

I wish I met you in December.

Comment

Originally posted by HPDLa935 View Post
      Hi, guys.....

Its pretty cool that your doing this. This was my second time applying for HPD, I went through all the phases and I was dq’d waiting for approval. I decided to appeal; do you know how the appeal process works?

Comment

Just received an email saying that HPD’s next Lateral Academy Class begins September 17, 2018!

Must have at least three years of full-time law enforcement experience to be in the lateral class.

Additionally, those with three years full-time law enforcement experience but less than five years of full-time law enforcement experience must also have a minimum of 52 semester hours of college credit or 18 months active duty military service with an honorable discharge.

Those with five years of full-time law enforcement experience or more don’t have to meet education or military requirement.

Comment

Hello.
          I am a naturalized citizen with Masters degree from foreign country. Just wanted to know about application process in my situation. Do I have to do credit by credit evaluation of my diploma and then submit it in a sealed envelope from evaluator? Do I need to evaluate my high school diploma as well?
          Please advise.

Comment

• tamu16
            tamu16 commented
            Editing a comment
            Just call HPD Recruiting and ask, they're helpful. They might just need to see your diploma and transcript.

• Gabru
            Gabru commented
            Editing a comment
            Candidate01 You need to get evaluation of your Masters degree only(not high school) from an accredited institution. Evaluation has to be detailed for each course you have taken and credits against each one. Here's one which HPD accepts: https://www.spantran.com/equivalency-evaluation/
            Hope that helps!
            Last edited by Gabru; 08-28-2018, 04:38 PM.

• Candidate01
            Candidate01 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you guys! This information helps a lot!

Originally posted by Candidate01 View Post
          Hello.
          I am a naturalized citizen with Masters degree from foreign country. Just wanted to know about application process in my situation. Do I have to do credit by credit evaluation of my diploma and then submit it in a sealed envelope from evaluator? Do I need to evaluate my high school diploma as well?
          Please advise.
          Check your message

Comment

Hi HPDLa935

I am on a fast track with the test appointment in Dec 3rd, 2018. My background is very simple, living in the same city for 20 years, work at the same place for 12 years, no convicted of any kind, good driving record, good credit score. In short, my past is very clean. Assuming I will pass all the tests, what is the probability for me to join the January class?

Comment

• houstonstrong
              houstonstrong commented
              Editing a comment
              Last edited by houstonstrong; 09-30-2018, 05:33 PM.

• or503
              or503 commented
              Editing a comment
              @houstonstrong: wow 8 months, that is a long wait. How soon I will find out whether I pass or not after finishing my one week fast track program?

• houstonstrong
              houstonstrong commented
              Editing a comment
              Last edited by houstonstrong; 09-30-2018, 05:34 PM.

Originally posted by or503 View Post
            Hi HPDLa935

I am on a fast track with the test appointment in Dec 3rd, 2018. My background is very simple, living in the same city for 20 years, work at the same place for 12 years, no convicted of any kind, good driving record, good credit score. In short, my past is very clean. Assuming I will pass all the tests, what is the probability for me to join the January class?
            Nice, but January class is not possible because holidays are coming in a few months from now. For other information, you can send me a private message and I'll talk to you.

Comment

• 2ndtonone04
              2ndtonone04 commented
              Editing a comment
              HPDLa935, did you get the message I sent you yesterday?

Hi, any advice for someone just starting out looking at different cities to apply to. I just graduated from college. Now looking for a home in law enforcement. The only problem I can see is my driving record. Will I be dq for 3 speeding tickets in the last 3 years.

Comment

• houstonstrong
              houstonstrong commented
              Editing a comment
              That's a good question for recruiting. Give them a call, they might be able to answer that one.

Originally posted by orlik58 View Post
            Hi, any advice for someone just starting out looking at different cities to apply to. I just graduated from college. Now looking for a home in law enforcement. The only problem I can see is my driving record. Will I be dq for 3 speeding tickets in the last 3 years.
            Check your message

Comment

what is HPD's hiring policy in regards to bankruptcy? I know that they don't want any current outstanding collections, but how does bankruptcy affect eligibility? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by nyislesfan42 View Post
              what is HPD's hiring policy in regards to bankruptcy? I know that they don't want any current outstanding collections, but how does bankruptcy affect eligibility? Thanks
              pm sent

Comment

When will the next lateral academy be after September?....thinking about applying....

Comment

One more question....reading the website ...do you really have to wait three years before you can go to a specialized unit?.....or is it a case by case basis....for example I did 14 years with Detroit and worked a few specialized units ...would they take that into consideration?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4451 users online. 312 members and 4139 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X