Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No confidence- Dallas Chief

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • No confidence- Dallas Chief

    DALLAS -- NBC 5 has learned that several Dallas police groups are considering a "no confidence" vote for Police Chief David Kunkle.

    Kunkle has served as chief for less than three years. He was hired to change the department and cut the crime rate.


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Video
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------



    But leaders of two officer groups confirmed dissatisfaction among members, and said surveys will soon be in the mail.

    “I've heard mention of the possibility, and the chief has my full support. I think he's doing a good job for the City of Dallas (and) citizens of Dallas in creating a safer Dallas for all of us," Dallas City Manager Mary Suhm said.

    Suhm is Kunkle's direct boss.

    City Council members said they strongly support Kunkle, too.

    The chief did not return NBC 5’s calls on Wednesday

  • #2
    It will be interesting to see what "groups" are involved with this, and their basis for it.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm curious to see as well. The few cops I've talked to didn't seem to "dislike" him.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by dfwblue
        It will be interesting to see what "groups" are involved with this, and their basis for it.
        From what I've been reading on the boards, it seemed like a lot of people liked the new chief? I was under the impression he was doing a good job?
        "When people show you who they are, believe them." - Maya Angelou

        Comment


        • #5
          I haven't met any Dallas Officers who had anything bad to say about him. Now maybe that's good, or maybe they just remember how bad Bolten was and are just now getting over the honeymoon with Kunkle.

          I did work with a female officer (she was a part timer here at the College) who had worked for Arlington PD back when he was Chief, and she didn't have very much good to say about him. She once told me that he was so political that "if a citizen called and said there was no milk on his cereal, by God you would be dispatched to poor milk on that cereal" lol.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Caesar2845
            I haven't met any Dallas Officers who had anything bad to say about him. Now maybe that's good, or maybe they just remember how bad Bolten was and are just now getting over the honeymoon with Kunkle.

            I did work with a female officer (she was a part timer here at the College) who had worked for Arlington PD back when he was Chief, and she didn't have very much good to say about him. She once told me that he was so political that "if a citizen called and said there was no milk on his cereal, by God you would be dispatched to poor milk on that cereal" lol.
            From what I understand, Dallas politics won't allow anyone to be "Chief".

            Comment


            • #7
              This will be interesting..........
              Last edited by USAF E5; 04-16-2007, 04:31 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Kunkle was my deputy cheif when I was with Arlington PD. I know when he first went to DPD that there was alot of positive remarks about his intentions and aspirations of his position but seriously with a mayor like that how can anyone do that job...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by PS_Instructor
                  Kunkle was my deputy cheif when I was with Arlington PD. I know when he first went to DPD that there was alot of positive remarks about his intentions and aspirations of his position but seriously with a mayor like that how can anyone do that job...

                  True. I remember reading an article where I believe a previous chief was interviewed, and said he felt bad for any person going into that job, because with the way the council and mayor are it's impossible to do anything.

                  Comment

                  MR300x250 Tablet

                  Collapse

                  What's Going On

                  Collapse

                  There are currently 5737 users online. 338 members and 5399 guests.

                  Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                  Welcome Ad

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X