X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Prairie PD

Thoughts?
    Opinions?

They came to visit my school up in MN a few weeks ago, but since then have scheduled a civil service exam up here on June 9th and I plan on taking it. I talked to one of the recruiters for a good 30 mins when they were here and was very impressed. He said they offer relocation bonus, all gear seems to be top of the line, the pay looks good, he said that the city loves the PD and gives them all kinds of money and backs them on everything. Just wondering what others down in TX think of the department or what they've heard?

GP came all the way to MN?
    From my exp. they are "the good ol boys" that about sums it up.
    Romans 13:4 "For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil."

Comment

yep, one of the recruiters is from MN originally, so he convinced the department to recruit and test up here.

Comment

Originally posted by hebr0402
        yep, one of the recruiters is from MN originally, so he convinced the department to recruit and test up here.
        MN seems to have strong criminal justice programs too. It sounds like a 200 hr internship is required? and you do testing (PFT..Civil Service...Psych) through the school before the application phase with an agency?

I have heard good things about GP as well.

Comment

I have a friend on the dept and have nothing but good things to say about them.
          "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

You really can't go wrong with GPPD. A buddy of mine works there and was involved in getting that relocation program added to recruitment. Their equipment is good, and they let their officers be cops. There is plenty of clients in GP too....you won't be bored.

Comment

Grand Prairie is not a bad department. I do know a few GP Officers. They are one of the few "kick a-- take names" type of departments that still exist around DFW.

Comment

Definitely Kick *** take names, emmmm what else, they kind of let you do what you want to do if your doing your job. I saw all their SWAT gear and the vehicles SWAT uses, a converted ambulance for an HQ and a converted armored bank truck for other uses. I think they run their own academy...
                Romans 13:4 "For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil."

Comment

I'm relatively sure they go to CTOG up in Arlington.
                  "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

I dated one of the daughter's of a GPD officer for a while too bad didnt work out he was a good guy and said nothing but good thing of the dept.
                    "If you want forgiveness go get some religion"

Comment

Everyone seems spot on from what I've heard as well.

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel
                        I'm relatively sure they go to CTOG up in Arlington.
                        U know I heard that too...but they do have a TCLEOSE academy cert. so they could run 1 if they wanted.

Comment

They go to COG. Alot of departments have their TCLEOSE cert to run one. Manpower, City Management, etc.... makes some departments send troops to Regional Academies.

Comment

Says the guy from Denton
                            Same exact problem ey

Comment

Oh yeah.........

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4413 users online. 229 members and 4184 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X