300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston Police Academy, 2018.

Anyone placed in a class yet? I haven’t seen anyone mention anything on the forums for January 22nd or April.

I'm through all of the steps, just waiting on approval or rejection.

Same boat, when did u apply and when did u finish , i start june 16 and finish whole thing november 14 no information since , people from may 15-30 already got call into the january class so maybe our chance is slim

Comment

Hpd is good with pay but when its come to recruiting , Waiting suck!

Comment

**Deleted**
        Last edited by HHDSpits; 01-17-2018, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Nope! Finished everything up until background the first week of October... been waiting since, not a peep.

Comment

• HHDSpits
            HHDSpits commented
            Editing a comment
            **Deleted**
            Last edited by HHDSpits; 01-12-2018, 02:41 AM.

I just put my application in for HPD yesterday. Looking forward to my first interview. Idk if it would be possible to make it to January class, but that would be pretty sweet lol. Most likely I believe it would be April class. I’m really excited. This is my dream career.

edit: just got the call today. I’m scheduled for an interview First week of January. Pretty excited. I’m assuming if I make it to a class it’s going to be the one in April.
          Last edited by JuaquinI95; 12-27-2017, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Approved, see ya in #235

Comment

• Future_PO
              Future_PO commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you know when orientation is and for how many days for Jan class? Trying to see if i still have a chance

Hello everyone, I started my application for HPD in September and finished the physical agility test and fingerprinting on the same day. I have been waiting two months for the department to contact me for the polygraph exam, but no one has contacted me. Should I be worried and contact my recruiter or continue waiting?

Comment

• HHDSpits
              HHDSpits commented
              Editing a comment
              It was exactly 3 months between my physical agility and polygraph.

Total I've been in the process ~ 8 months, a little on the long side of average.
              Last edited by HHDSpits; 12-30-2017, 09:22 PM.

• HHDSpits
              HHDSpits commented
              Editing a comment
              Sending a short, polite email can't hurt.
              Last edited by HHDSpits; 12-30-2017, 09:21 PM.

My wife and I are considering moving to texas (from long island NY). We are both interested in Houston area. She is a teacher and the starting salary is 52k for houston isd. Would a Houston PD officer salary and that teacher salary be enough to live off comfortably down there with 2 kids? We are not the kind that like to live pay check to pay check, I'm willing to work plenty of OT but I also dont like to depend on it. We would probably be buying a house around the 200k range if we made the move. Just trying to get some perspective from those who live that way. Thank you in advance...I have a BA degree so it looks like Id be making around the 52k range after the academy too.

Comment

• MannyE
              MannyE commented
              Editing a comment
              youre asking if a 100k household income is enough to live comfortably? Don’t really know how to reply to that.

• HHDSpits
              HHDSpits commented
              Editing a comment
              It all depends on how you live. I would imagine that moving from NY to here would be easy.

Houston is not expensive, especially compared to nearby cities, like Austin. You can get a fairly large house and yard in a nice neighborhood on the outskirts (Cypress / Tomball for example) for near or under 200k.

Traffic can be unpleasant in Houston if you live in the burbs, but the earlier or later you work, the less of an issue it is. If you are running your PD night shifts, no problem.

My wife and I have 2 kids on my ~ 50k salary. I generally only take overtime if a big expense comes up (AC dying or something).

Move here. Live as if you only have one income or 1.5 incomes if you need daycare. Pay off your house in under 10 years (live in a neighborhood that didn't flood). Do it.

• Kennedy6388
              Kennedy6388 commented
              Editing a comment
              I am taking my fast track tests in a few weeks. I am moving from NY with a wife and 2 kids. The cost of living in Houston is much less than NY. You should be totally fine.

Thank you for the insight, much appreciated.
            Last edited by jdbishop6; 01-08-2018, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Is anyone else here approved for class 235? When I finished fast track back in October, they told me I was on track for the January academy, but I guess not at this point.

Comment

• HHDSpits
                HHDSpits commented
                Editing a comment
                **Deleted**
                Last edited by HHDSpits; 01-17-2018, 05:45 PM.

Hey guys, I have a quick question regarding the polygraph for HPD. I had taken it within the last couple weeks and when I was done, I was told I gave a deceptive response on one of the questions. I was unsure why that happened and the officer kept trying to get me to tell him why the test would pick up a response like that. The next officer I saw didn't seem like it was a big deal and told me I would be in the processing for either april or junes academy. So my question is, how do I know if I passed or not? If I failed because of that I will be pretty upset.

Thanks.

Comment

• MannyE
                MannyE commented
                Editing a comment
                They'd tell you you passed and they'd tell you if you failed.

• Dpp696
                Dpp696 commented
                Editing a comment
                This is almost exactly how my poly went during my fast track. I hear its pretty common for them to happen like this. Also I know some other fast track people got sent home immediately after the poly while the rest of us continued on with the rest of the steps so I think you’re good.

The test can show signs of deception and you can still move forward with an inconclusive.

If you flat out failed, they would probably tell you then or shortly after.
              Last edited by HHDSpits; 01-12-2018, 04:45 PM.

Comment

I was contacted by an officer for my polygraph exam, but I noticed the date for my polygraph is only 4 days away. Has anyone run into the same situation?

Comment

• HHDSpits
                  HHDSpits commented
                  Editing a comment
                  **Deleted**
                  Last edited by HHDSpits; 01-17-2018, 05:46 PM.

• JamesMA
                  JamesMA commented
                  Editing a comment
                  do it. the sooner the better.

Does anyone know what date the orientation is for the January class and for how long it is? I’m coming from out of state and was told to wait for a call by today but want to make sure i have time to make travel arrangements.

Comment

• HHDSpits
                  HHDSpits commented
                  Editing a comment
                  **Deleted**
                  Last edited by HHDSpits; 01-12-2018, 03:48 PM.

• Future_PO
                  Future_PO commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for the info! Not really worried abou thE time just date and for how many days so i can plan accordingly if i get that call

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13819 users online. 394 members and 13425 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X