• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sully49
    replied
    agreed

Originally posted by jwise
    Mesquite does not have a language requirement, so the language skills would not make you "overqualified", merely "an asset."

What's your "high education?" MBA? MA? JD?
    +1. His posts were painful to read. I hope he speaks his other languages better than he speaks English or no one is going to understand him, in any language. Although according to this guy his posts don't make sense because he is using an old keyboard. As if it's spelling errors that people are pointing out. I don't think the JD is a possibility as with his claims against his former company, he never "taught" it would go to trial, it was a "3 ways phone trial" and he lost because "i did not have enough proofs." I'd like to know what school gave him a degree.

Leave a comment:

• BP03
    replied
    Slightly off topic... but I think that their recruit website is one of the better ones around... lots of information, pictures, and video. Plus they do offer many exam dates, so that is nice.

Leave a comment:

• bikecop136
    replied
    Jwise,

This is another wanna be that does not know what the heck Police life is all about. I have seen him stir up a bunch of mess in other threads in other states. He cant get along with Sworn Officers on a website. You think he can get along with Officers on the street........... Pahahahahahahaha

Speaking 4 languages and a degree is nice, it shows you have done something with your life. But ill tell you, when the gun comes out, he doesnt pick the one that has more education, he picks the blue uniform and badge.

Leave a comment:

• jwise
    replied
    Originally posted by mansouri1945
    By saying I was overqualified I meant education wise. I wanted to be better educated before I apply for a job.
    And when I m saying that I m overqualified I meant with my high education and my knowledge of four languages which is rare.
    thanks
    Mesquite does not have a language requirement, so the language skills would not make you "overqualified", merely "an asset."

What's your "high education?" MBA? MA? JD?

Leave a comment:

• jwise
    replied
    Holy crap, is this guy for real? You are not a natural English speaker, and it shows in your use of the English language. Your grammar (as well as spelling) is weak.

Mesquite is one tough department to get hired onto. A candidate that passes all the boards and background investigations of a dozen departments could still fail Mesquite's.

You're not overqualified. A 10yr veteran who is a Police Lt at another department would be "overqualified." You are "mis-qualified." Or simply, a bad fit.

Leave a comment:

• okiehopeful
    replied
    Originally posted by Matto
    Gee, I wonder what kind of education is needed to in order to type like that?
    ....that's what I was thinking. Damn. Maybe I shouldn't finish my degree!

Leave a comment:

• GoldBadge
    replied
    Your knowledge of four languages will not "overqualify" you (it should have benefitted you), nor would a bachelor's or even a master's degree.

I became a cop in a nearby jurisdiction to Mesquite many years ago with a bachelor's degree. At that time, I was one of the few cops with a degree. Nowadays, college degrees are fairly common.

Something else was amiss.

Leave a comment:

• mansouri1945
    replied
    Originally posted by dfwblue
    Personally, I would take experience over education any day for this career. I am not knocking your education or suggesting that education is a bad thing, but you will not find the answers to this job in books. You may want to find a department that puts more emphasis on education (one that requires a 4 year degree, of course I am assuming that you have at least that).
    yes, i agree with you and nobody was born with an experience.

Leave a comment:

• mansouri1945
    replied
    Originally posted by TPO
    why are you posting under two different names. you were banned once already.
    TPO: I m posting under two different names because I was banned, that is correct, but it was just a mistake from my part. I responded in a forum I should not be responding in and i was banned. I talked to the people who are responsible for this forum and I explained to them that it was a mistake. I had to open another one to be able to reply for you guys.

Leave a comment:

• dfwblue
    replied
    Originally posted by mansouri1945
    bikecop136: By saying I was overqualified I meant education wise. With all the respect having a gun and a badge does not mean you can be overqualified. As a rental cop I do have a badge and a gun but still I went and got more education to become better candidate to choose from. I did not applied with a high school diploma or GED. I wanted to be better educated before I apply for a job.
    And when I m saying that I m overqualified I meant with my high education and my knowledge of four languages which is rare. Experience also is a good thing to have but just go back few years ago and think what did you have before earning this experience.

thanks
    Personally, I would take experience over education any day for this career. I am not knocking your education or suggesting that education is a bad thing, but you will not find the answers to this job in books. You may want to find a department that puts more emphasis on education (one that requires a 4 year degree, of course I am assuming that you have at least that).

Leave a comment:

• mansouri1945
    replied
    Originally posted by bikecop136
    Over qualified!!!!!!!!!!

You ever put on a Badge and Gun?
    bikecop136: By saying I was overqualified I meant education wise. With all the respect having a gun and a badge does not mean you can be overqualified. As a rental cop I do have a badge and a gun but still I went and got more education to become better candidate to choose from. I did not applied with a high school diploma or GED. I wanted to be better educated before I apply for a job.
    And when I m saying that I m overqualified I meant with my high education and my knowledge of four languages which is rare. Experience also is a good thing to have but just go back few years ago and think what did you have before earning this experience.

thanks

Leave a comment:

• mansouri1945
    replied
    Originally posted by dfwblue
    No one claimed that you did not do a good work at your previous employer. I brought that up to show that you probably burned a bridge, which in turn probably burned you. As far as your issues with the Chief, well it appears those were unfounded according to the outcome of the trial you brought up.

This was my mistake. I read a post wrong and I apologize.

Sorry, but in my personal opinion....going to a public board and making unfounded accusations about how a department handled a hiring process is slamming them.

"in the end i told to myself that i did a mistake to apply with small department being minority" Not sure how you can say that your statemnet does not imply that a minority has a less of a chance getting hired with a small department......racism.

The syndrome part was in reference to your posts which had hints of "everyone against me" in them. I have not questioned your education or your background. I pointed out why you may not be an attractive candidate to PD's. I am glad you have a high opinion of yourself, but I doubt you are "over qualified" for Mesquite. If your over qualification is in reference to your education, then you will learn, if you make it into this line of work, that there is much more than a degree to this job.
    DFWBLUE: i never wanted to go to EOC. a friend of mine took me there and we filled up a report and i never taught we will have a trial, and i did not care. it was a 3 ways phone trial. i never been in courts and have no idea that it was a serious trial thats why i did not take it seriously. i lost because i did not have enough proofs and i was not prepared for it.

and i m very sorry to be misunderstood about slaming mesquite. it was my experience and i had an opinion about it. if you don't agree with my opinion that is ok.

like i said i was the only minority there and the background inv. told me that if i get hired i will be one of the few minority in the depatment and he told me lot of other things i felt that he would not ask a white police officer for.
    and again i m not saying that i was disqualified because i was minority but i m saying it will be better for me to apply with bigger department. and sevral people told me the same thing. because now every department i apply with will ask me why i was disqualified and i have no clue what to tell them. thats why it was my opinion of saying i did the mistake to apply with mesquite.

i m sorry for being misunderstood, and my typing mistakes are from a used dirty keyboard which i need to replace. i appreciate you replying and typing your opinion. thanks

Leave a comment:

• mansouri1945
    replied
    Originally posted by Matto
    Gee, I wonder what kind of education is needed to in order to type like that?
    matto, i am so sorry that my typing is full of mistakes but the problem is not my education, but the problem is my old keyboard. i need new one and just to let you know that my education level is probably higher than yours with all respect of your age or experience. be sure that next time i will be more carefull. thanks

Leave a comment:

• TPO
    replied
    why are you posting under two different names. you were banned once already.

Leave a comment:

• bikecop136
    replied
    Over qualified!!!!!!!!!!

You ever put on a Badge and Gun?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4086 users online. 290 members and 3796 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X