300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appeal Process for HPD

Next week I will be seeing my 3 psych evaluations for HPD. I was told that the only problem I had was failing the psych exam. What's crazy is in the interim when I took the testing I graduated and passed a TCOLE academy and that obviously required me to pass a psych exam. My question is has anyone gone through this process and have any advice? I think my problem is the written exams. I am a military veteran (who did not see direct combat). I plan on bringing a copy of my L3 form to my appointments to show the fact that I have passed a psych exam. I'm just hoping that it'll go well for me.

When did you take the PSYCH exam ? How long did you wait until they told you you failed it ?

Comment

I took the psych exam back in September. I was told I failed in November, but wasn't told that my appeal was accepted until January and by then I had enrolled at a TCOLE Academy.

Comment

• A_rod
        A_rod commented
        Editing a comment
        Is there any particular reason why you failed? Did HPD give you reason ?

They did not give any reason why. Apparently they are not required to give a reason.

Comment

• A_rod
        A_rod commented
        Editing a comment
        The reason I asked is because I took the Psych test a month ago and want to know the reasons why people fail a psych test. Hopefully everything goes well for you, Good luck.

They didn't like my packet because of **** I did in the past. I didn't make the August appeal date but hopefully, Ill make the September one.

Comment

You could just get on with a department that would accept your academy psych test, and get some street experience.
        I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

If I have to go through an appeal I hope that it will be a fair appeal and all docs will be taken into consideration.
          Last edited by JackCarter; 04-09-2018, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Well I have moved on to another department so best of luck to everyone else and their appeals.

Comment

Originally posted by JackCarter View Post
              I gave CPD a statement about my drug use as a kid and it was misinterpreted as being a drug salesman. I bought two bags of marijuana and smoked one. After smoking the first one, I decided to give the second bag back for a refund (I actually said the word refund).
              And you see this as an innocent consumer refund issue versus you selling narcotics to a dealer for money?

Interesting theory.

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10878 users online. 366 members and 10512 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X