Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just received the recommendation for oral board Jan 22 and confirmed my appearance, how is everyone doing so far? Best of luck to all!

Comment

• Josh2749
      Josh2749 commented
      Editing a comment
      B2018 some of my references were contacted already, but who knows maybe our packet is still being reviewed

• Val14
      Val14 commented
      Editing a comment
      B2018 if it was turned in on dec 19 your references should have been contacted before that. Mine was due also on dec 19 and I know almost all my references were contacted and places where I have worked as well and lived.
      Josh2749 I would think that you should be contacted pretty soon

• BBuckles
      BBuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll be there for the boards on the 23rd. Wish I could of got the 22nd! It's pretty short notice for me to be able to get time off from work to acomidate travel and all!!

• Originally posted by Val14 View Post
    I just received the recommendation for oral board Jan 22 and confirmed my appearance, how is everyone doing so far? Best of luck to all!
    What was the step completed prior to the recommendation?
    Last thing I've done was resubmit the RC-99 Form.
    On Dec. 27th my status moved to investigation phase I (which I originally thought that to be after oral board?). Today I scheduled my investigators interview for the 8th. Which I'm just to assume to go over everything once again

Comment

• troopersota
      troopersota commented
      Editing a comment
      This is a third party BI who will come and interview you, your parents, past employers/coworkers and references. They’ll also check your social media, credit and hometown PD. Then they’ll sit down with DPS to close the investigation and recommend they offer you a date for the board or not. Then DPS will conduct its own BI if you do well at boards and pass the psych and physical tests.

• Val14
      Val14 commented
      Editing a comment
      ColbyJ, I read from previous posts that they are doing backgrounds first to avoid people passing oral boards and then failing background investigation. Yes, it is a third party called discovery something and they check everything like troopersota said. On the investigation appointment, they do go over everything and clarify any concerns they might have. So after you meet with the investigator he will go and meet your neighbors, call references, places where you have worked and lived and so on. After passing BI phase one, then it’s oral board and if you pass the next day is psychological and medical exam from what o have heard. Then like troopersota mentioned BI phase 2 and I believe there is also a trooper visit.

• Originally posted by Coastie_Scott View Post
    Did they change the fitness requirements for academy entry? I was trying to look up the rower time requirements and all I can find is a new PDF with fitness requirements according to age. Have you guys heard anything?
    Yes, as WillyWonka stated, I've talked to some for A-18 and they said that all three are scored individually, but the min. is 70%. So if you don't make a 70% in one event you can make it up in the others.

Comment

• Hello, I've been following this thread for a couple of weeks now but am just now able to post. I've been scheduled for boards for Jan 22nd. Just thought I would post on here to be able to keep up with everyone. Best of luck to everyone in the process!

Comment

• Frank_Tank
        Frank_Tank commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Josh2749, what part of the process are you currently in?

• Josh2749
        Josh2749 commented
        Editing a comment
        Im in BI phase 1 waiting for the oral board date.

• Frank_Tank
        Frank_Tank commented
        Editing a comment
        That's great, hopefully it won't be too much longer for you to get scheduled for boards!

• Hello haven't posted anything here yet, just been reading. My BI phase 1 is almost complete. I was on the recruiting page today and I noticed the academy start date has changed again. Now the start date is June 10th. Any thoughts on that or what it means.

Comment

• Matt_1193
        Matt_1193 commented
        Editing a comment
        I would see it as a good sign, meaning you will get an answer sooner . Had the board today and seems like they are moving fairly quick .

• Frank_Tank
        Frank_Tank commented
        Editing a comment
        Matt_1193 any advice for those of us going into boards in the next couple of weeks?

• I've been scheduled for boards for Jan 24th. Good luck to everyone

Comment

• I'm still in BI Phase 1, just waiting on my boards. This may be a stupid question, but if we did the Row for testing, will we have to do it again, or are we going to do the Standard PFT when we get to the academy?

Comment

• Josh2749
          Josh2749 commented
          Editing a comment
          Standard PFT

• Question for you guy's. Are they doing BG 1 & 2 before the oral board, or just BG 1, then BG 2 after the oral board. Just Curious I am reapplying for A-19.

Comment

• Matt_1193
          Matt_1193 commented
          Editing a comment
          What the trooper told us at board was , if your here got background is done .

• Any folks moving on to the next stage after having their oral boards this week?

Comment

• Anybody have their oral boards/physical exam over and done with? How'd it go?

Investigator did interview this week and am already hearing back from past employers/references etc.

Comment

• Hey everyone,

So I passed board and my status now moved to “pending medical / psych results “. Honestly we aren’t allowed to discuss questions on the board , but what I can say is that you don’t have to study or practice for the board , besides maybe practicing your public speaking skills lol if you need to. Also mostly everyone passes as long as you receive above a 70% collective score from board members , now , what we were told is. That even though we all pass the board /medical/psychological, at the end DPS will see how many trainees it needs and draw a cut off score . So if they need 95 trainees like the academy that just started . Their cut off score was 85% average . Including the two writtten exams , rower, and the three scores from the board . So even though I’m always the optimistic person , we all just have to wait and see for the decision.

Hope this helped answer some questions.

Comment

• Currently waiting on background to be conpleted. I met with my investigator 2 weeks ago, so hopefully this week I'll get my oral board dates.
              Anyone else in the same boat?

Comment

• Also waiting on my background investigation to be completed. I met with my investigator 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• Josh2749
                  Josh2749 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have been waiting since Dec. 19 brother

• Coastie_Scott
                  Coastie_Scott commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm in the same boat. My investigator told me that they were backed up in Austin so who knows when the boards would be...
                  Last edited by Coastie_Scott; Yesterday, 03:13 PM.

• I met with my investigator before Christmas. I've been on Background Investigation Phase since Dec. 14th. A lot of us are on the same boat.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13804 users online. 491 members and 13313 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X