Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BK182 View Post
    Any current Law Enforcement applying for this academy? just curious
    No longer law enforcement but I was military police for six years and a Texas police officer for two when I separated from active duty. I've worked for the U.S. Senate, U.S. State Department and am now finishing my PhD...(too much info?)lol

Comment

• BK182
      BK182 commented
      Editing a comment
      lol jw, ill message ya!

• Anyone heard anything from home visit yet ? Or anything else besides first investigator?

Comment

• I've got nothing from an investigator. I'm pending oral board. I've passed all tests above 90s so far. The DEA and secret service are moving along quicker than DPS...

Comment

• Matt_1193
        Matt_1193 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahahhaha, DPS does have a very long process without a lot of waiting ... DEA and S.S. ... that’s awesome !

• Just got recommended for oral board ! January 8th through 11th ! Have to call and confirm that I’ll attend ! But everyone should start hearing something soon too !

Comment

• Just confirmed my interview appointment, was one of the first.

Don't get too excited - many more candidates have yet to be cut.

Comment

• Matt_1193
          Matt_1193 commented
          Editing a comment
          You have to be positive bro ! Not going to lie, sounded just like the grinch ... lol

• Has anyone been contacted by someone with the email address ending in "@informationdiscovery.net" ?

Comment

• troopersota
          troopersota commented
          Editing a comment
          Not I, but I know that's the third party background investigation firm DPS uses. At least that's what my investigator had for her email. She called me directly to set up a meeting, is that what your email is about?

• The email was requesting additional residencies in order to go back to when I was 17 years old. A TS clearance only goes back 10 years and she said they need to go back 25 years or to when you were 17...

Comment

• If anyone gets hired , and needs shirts done to DPS standards for academy ... I have my aunts company who will charge 8 dollars per shirt !!

Comment

• MitnaSean
            MitnaSean commented
            Editing a comment
            Standards? What are the DPS standards for the academy??

What is the material of the shirt (tri blend / cotton)?

• Matt_1193
            Matt_1193 commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s a certain color grey, with letters that measure certain size and honestly printed shirts are better . The iron on letters usually fall off and don’t last . You have to have short sleeves , long sleeves and sweatshirts with your last name and first initial .

• MitnaSean
            MitnaSean commented
            Editing a comment
            I had no idea. Where did you learn about this? Thanks for the info...

• Just received an email this morning from DPS to schedule a slot in early January to go to HQ and complete the Boards, and hopefully the psych and physical exams! Anyone else have any updates?

Comment

• troopersota
            troopersota commented
            Editing a comment
            You bet, hoping for the same man. Did you score well on your testing date? Good luck!

• Josh2749
            Josh2749 commented
            Editing a comment
            I got a 61% on the rowing, 93% on the reading, and 82% on the math, what did you score?

• troopersota
            troopersota commented
            Editing a comment
            Okay, I know the Sgt. in charge of my testing said nowadays it's tough to get into the academy without a score of 80% or higher on the rower. Then again, I've no clue if that's why there's no progress on your application. Give your recruiter a call and just show your curiosity about where you stand in the process.

• Josh2749
            Josh2749 commented
            Editing a comment
            Will do, hopefully it’s just a delay

• I took my polygraph a month ago and still waiting for the result. Should I be worried?

Comment

• Originally posted by suprasian View Post
            I took my polygraph a month ago and still waiting for the result. Should I be worried?
            When you took your polygraph the investigator should have told you if you got NDI (no deception indicated) or DI (deception indicated). Usually NDI means you "passed"

Comment

• Did they change the fitness requirements for academy entry? I was trying to look up the rower time requirements and all I can find is a new PDF with fitness requirements according to age. Have you guys heard anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by suprasian View Post
                I took my polygraph a month ago and still waiting for the result. Should I be worried?
                They didn’t tell you right away if you passed? I’m still in phase 1 of backgrounds so I wouldn’t worry, I’m sure they’ll get to you.

Comment

• The polygraph examiner told me that I passed and headquarter will review my result. He told me that someone will contact me in less than 2 weeks, but now it has been more than a month.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coastie_Scott View Post
                    Did they change the fitness requirements for academy entry? I was trying to look up the rower time requirements and all I can find is a new PDF with fitness requirements according to age. Have you guys heard anything?
                    Yes, they went back to 1.5 mile run and sit ups/push ups. You will have percentages based on age and how well you perform.
                    "Always remember to use all fingers when waving at a Police Officer!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5857 users online. 247 members and 5610 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X