Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well guys I took my poly yesterday and I got a Deception Indicated...I am puzzled as to why I got that answer. I told my polygrapher everything and more. I was shocked when he told me that there was a deception because I was honest about everything. He gave me two chances to confess any info that I was withholding, but I told him that I had nothing to confess because in all honesty I wasn’t hiding anything.

Comment

Your body betrayed you, it happens
      Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
      "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
      Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

Anyone have an Oral Board Date yet?

Comment

I was wondering the same thing, ZXE003. I have been waiting for mine to be scheduled and it was updated two weeks ago.

Comment

Yeah, mine changed to "Pending oral" on Oct 27th. I know the deadline for all the polygraphs for our academy is sometime in December. So we might have to wait until then till we get our dates. MitnaSean

Comment

How’s everyone doing so far?

Comment

according to the governmentjobs.com B18 appstatus, I'm in background investigation Phase1

Comment

I received an email last week about completing the RC-99 form...although I am certain I already completed that when I finished my application back in May or so. I filled it out again anyway and sent it back to them. Hopefully I will have my interview scheduled soon.

Comment

• ZXE003
                    ZXE003 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah same here

Yup, just switched to Phase 1 of the Background Investigation after submitting the RC-99 and credit check document. The credit check document was new, but maybe they wanted an updated RC-99 just to see if people would bother with filling it out.... weed out the lazy folks, no? Good luck to everyone still in the process - hopefully we can be on each other's team soon at the academy!

Comment

• I just did the Poly today so they are still finishing up. How long after the polygraph did it take for you to get the email?

Comment

• Just finished phase 1 of background investigation today, hopefully it goes smooth. Once I pass phase 1-2 , hopefully oral board goes well.. the wait is horrible

Comment

• troopersota
                        troopersota commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Congrats man. Was it an interview you completed? A lady with a third-party company called a couple of days ago and I’m set to meet Tuesday morning. Good luck brother!

• Matt_1193
                        Matt_1193 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hey PM me bro ! Thanks man !

• emore611
                        emore611 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm in the same page!! I wonder why they change and are doing the background first, instead of the oral board??

• Matt_1193
                        Matt_1193 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        A lot of people passed oral and medical , then failed background. If you pass background, you are that much closer to being selected .

• We are all so close to the end !
                      Last edited by Matt_1193; 12-10-2017, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• I got a call also from a lady for my background; that she was going to contact all my reference

Comment

• Hello everyone,

First of all best of luck to everyone! I am new to the group just found out about this discussion forum this past week. Well, I applied in June 9,2017. Tested on everything about a month later. Results for rowing were 93% (7:29 min) , math 96 and English 98 (math and English where in the high 90s don’t remember exactly). I am also about to receive my Masters in public administration this December, so I want to know if that gives you an slight advantage in terms of priority in the hiring process. I also passed my polygraph on July 31 and have been on the pending oral board status. Until 11/30/17 I received a notification to email immediately form of consent about what the job entails ( form ETR99) and another one for the background investigation through a third party agency called information discovery services. On 12/1/17 my status finally changed after about 4 months to background investigation phase 1. Also on 12/8/17 I met with the investigator and he said he has to finish my packet before December 19. I think it went very good he even said that it was the shortest interview ever in his career. Same questions that have been provided before on the paper work we filled up already and no comments on my polygraph since there was nothing to clarify. Interview with investigator took about 45 min. Any advice on what is next or what to expect? This process is nerve racking to be honest.

PS: I tried posting since 2 weeks ago but I didnt have the the permission, until today. I have been reading everyone and anxious to have my input

Comment

• troopersota
                            troopersota commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Wooooo doggy! That's a quick row, must be pretty light? Congrats on the great testing results, and I'd imagine you are a rarity coming into the academy with a Masters degree. I have a Bachelors, and suspect there are a few others applying for this class who are in the same boat, so it'll be interesting to see how that plays out for you. Hopefully we can meet in July at DPS HQ!

• JAM76
                            JAM76 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I was in the middle of my MBA last year when I applied. On my online application, I saw the word PASS after a few days. I guess it was for my background or something else. I just finished my master's degree this Dec just like you and my reason for not moving forward last year was that it would be challenging to do both at the same time. (if accepted)
                            I believe like any governmental or private organization that with a higher level of education beyond your bachelors can be helpful. In one instance after your probationary period, you can apply for internal positions within the DPS in Austin that only internal candidates are allowed to see.
                            I will be back in the race starting Jan 1st. The Law Enforcement career is the most gratifying career that I can think moving forward, and I hope the best for everyone that is trying to make a difference.
                            Good luck Val14 and keep us updated on your progress.

• Val14
                            Val14 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            troopersota I was dying at the end haha. I am 6ft, 181 lbs and 24 years old so I finished within the 93% percentaile ( I was also a student athlete at school and have been playing soccer ever since I remember and I constantly work out and playing) hopefully my education gives me a slight advantage. They came to my house and interview family members and neighbors on Tuesday everything seems great. Yesterday (Wednesday 5/10 references informed me that they received the call to ask about me) the goal is to get to the academy, pay my dues with the department and move up whenever I have the chance and the experience. Looking forward to seeing you hopefully in July!

@jam76
                            That’s a great that you also finished your masters! I think that you made a good choice since having a full time job and school is hard to handle and a lot of people hardly ever go back once they have a job. Fortunately, I was full time student and have a part time job that gave me a lot flexibility. Hopefully education and with enough experience it will be easier to move up the ladder which is the goal. Good luck applying again and hopefully all goes well!
                            Last edited by Val14; 12-14-2017, 12:02 PM.

• Any current Law Enforcement applying for this academy? just curious

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12417 users online. 451 members and 11966 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X