Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, if you haven't attempted it, then I suggest testing yourself to see where you are on the standard PRT test. 70% is not easy to reach. Don't under estimate it!

Comment

• Chuck238
      Chuck238 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, I have tried it, and I agree 70% is not easy to reach!

Originally posted by Chuck238 View Post
    Hello everyone, I am planning to submit my application this Sunday. Just to be sure, there isn't going to be a rowing machine in the PRT? They switched it to running, pushups, and situps? Or this change will take effect AFTER B-2018?
    Yes the fitness assessment is going to be the rower. B - 2018 is the last class to test with the rower. Starting in 2019 the fitness test is back to the pushups, situps, and mile and a half run. Like Cdw said you'll have to do the pushups, situps, and run on day one of the academy at at least the 70 percentile. I have spoken to different recruiters in different areas, and they both said the same thing; 70% on the fitness is the minimum. Therefore, to have a realistic shot you have to be in the 80-85% range when you test on the rower if you decide to try for B - 2018.

Comment

• Chuck238
      Chuck238 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! That's good to hear because I've only been training on the rower these past few weeks. Right now I'm at 80%-82% on the rower.

Hey fellas ,
    Applied for the 2018 B class. Currently in Afghanistan ETS in Feb. Kinda got a short window because I just found out everything after B18 was canceled. Recruiter said he would help me get through.worse case scenerio I could get pushed to 2019 A. Been working the rower , got my time down to 8:30. Wouldn't mind going back to the old push up sit up and run because that is what I am used to lol. More nervous about the math, was keeping up with it but got busy over here. Really nervous going out of active after 8 years. Got a few back up plans but this was my number 1. Good luck to everyone ! Hope to serve togather in the near future soon.

Comment

• Chuck238
      Chuck238 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice to meet you Cazwik, I applied this past Friday, waiting on that email to go test

• Erbil09
      Erbil09 commented
      Editing a comment
      Cazwik, I am also in Afghanistan I just private messages you

• Consistent103
      Consistent103 commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't sweat the math to much..it is pretty straight forward. It's just the matter of time they give you to complete it all, be sure to have the basics down (dividing decimals, fractions, and percents) you will do fine.

Just got the email to contact a Sergeant to drop off my documents. Anybody know where I can get a credit report from?

Comment

• Consistent103
      Consistent103 commented
      Editing a comment
      You can retrieve a full credit report from credit karma...you get one free a year.

• Chuck238
      Chuck238 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! I will do that

Hi everyone! A few of our status changed for us that already did the polygraph to Pending Oral Board. Wanted to give a heads up for everyone to be checking your application status online to see if any changes happen for yall as well.

Comment

• Consistent103
      Consistent103 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea mines had been pending oral board for about 2months. So ready to get that email to go and do the oral board!!! I'm assuming yours just changed..if so that's great news!

• B2018
      B2018 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah mine just changed yesterday. At least we know we are getting the email for sure though. Just a matter of when they will send it. I have heard a rumor that it wouldn't be until January because there would be no point doing the board/medical just to have to redo the medical again when it expires after 6 months. It has to be up to date before the academy starts.

• Cdw92
      Cdw92 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's possible that you may do the oral board and have to go back for the med/psych if you pass. It's the med and psych tests that have to be within a certain amount of time before the academy. It's either 150 or 180 days, I can't remember. I know there were some people who did their boards for A-18 and then had to go back for the other 2.

• Consistent103
      Consistent103 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the update. I'll be looking out for that email for the boards and medical evaluation!!!

I had to drop out for now. Just had to much going on coming back over to be the best i could to prepapre. Recruiter said its prob better this way and to prepare for the traditional PT test . If I dont land another agency I am re applying for jan 19 which is when he estimated the next class to be.

Comment

Hey guys, what exactly will be on the math portion? Also, is the grammar part hard or is it simple punctuation? I've been studying everything that is on the online practice test, I just wanna make sure I don't miss anything. I have my test on the 14th.

Comment

• Cdw92
        Cdw92 commented
        Editing a comment
        The grammar is pretty easy. The math has everything that is on the practice test, so just know how to do everything on there.

Got a 90% overall average today, 87 on rower, 98 on grammar and 86 on math. Just wanted to ask those that have gone through the poly, is it tough? How is it like?

Comment

• AmmoDawg87
        AmmoDawg87 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Chuck238, How was the grammar part? Tough? Any advice on what words to study out of the hundreds if thousands of English words?? lol I really appreciate it!!

• Chuck238
        Chuck238 commented
        Editing a comment
        The grammar part was super easy, it starts off very easy and it progresses in difficulty. You don’t really need to study any words or punctuation. Just pay attention to every detail of the paragraphs for the questions.

• AmmoDawg87
        AmmoDawg87 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, buddy and best of luck the rest of the way!

• Chuck238
        Chuck238 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! And same to you!

Polygraph was my least favorite part of this process so far. It isn't tough but you cant help but be nervous through out the test. From my experience get to know your examiner and be his best friend. I believe if he likes you then you have a better chance at passing. Also obliviously tell the truth and don't try to hide or cheat anything from the machine. Any kind of movement while you are hooked up may be taken as trying to lie. Be upfront about everything on you mind and just relax and think about how great you will feel after you get NDI. (No deception Indicated).

Comment

• beckham
        beckham commented
        Editing a comment
        Where did you have your polygraph , how long is the process ? Thanks for taking time to read it .

• B2018
        B2018 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had my Polygraph in Austin. The process took about 2 hours for me but it varies for everyone. I can't really go into detail about the questions they ask but like i said before. Just be calm and truthful, if you have anything on your mind that you did even as a child I would state it to the examiner. They don't seem to mind things you did until you were an adult. If you did anything as an adult they like to see that you learned from it and that enough time had passed since you did whatever it is you thought was bad or illegal. Hope this helps.

• Chuck238
        Chuck238 commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope I don’t get too nervous since this will be my first time taking a polygraph.

• B2018
        B2018 commented
        Editing a comment
        Its most of our first times taking it. They understand that people get nervous. They can tell the difference between nervousness and lies so don't worry about it. I'm telling you it really isn't that bad. Just relax as much as you can.

Hello All. I am out of Huntsville, Tx. This is my second time applying for DPS. I had my polygraph last week, awaiting status change now.
      Good luck to everybody. !

Comment

Hi all, just took my test tue and my poly wed. The poly isn't anything to worry about. The special agent I got was great. They want you to pass and try and help ya along the way.if anything pops in ur head about any of the question tell them no matter how dumb you think it is. And that goes for something that might not even apply to the test. Best thing you can do is talk to him/her

Comment

• Chuck238
          Chuck238 commented
          Editing a comment
          I just got a call to take my poly in Austin, where did you take it? I’m coming from south Texas so I have to drive 5hrs to Austin

• beckham
          beckham commented
          Editing a comment
          How long did you wait after you took the test, because its been more than three weeks now that i took the test and i am still not getting a call for poly ?

How's everyone doing on the test? I got a combined score of a 94 on the 3 tests.

Comment

• Chuck238
          Chuck238 commented
          Editing a comment
          I got a combined 90 it was easy just ran out of time on the math so I had to guess on like 6 questions

• Cmont
          Cmont commented
          Editing a comment
          I finished with a combined score of 95. Now just waiting for the poly.

I took my poly in Garland and tested in Mt. Pleasant. I live in Illinois so they got it done in one shot for me.

Comment

They told us before the test that there were 5100 applicants for the 100 positions.

Comment

• B2018
            B2018 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah that is a lot of applicants but you gotta think that most of that number (60%) doesn't make it past the polygraph phase. Some fail the testing, some fail the polygraph, and some fill out the online application but never made it in for testing. I would guess that the realistic number of applicants that make it past the Polygraph phase is 1,000-2,000. Still tough odds lol.

How did you guys dress to the polygraph? Is a button-up shirt, slacks, and a tie okay?

Comment

• beckham
            beckham commented
            Editing a comment
            How long did you wait after you took the test, because its been more than three weeks now that i took the test and i am still not getting a call for poly ?

• Chuck238
            Chuck238 commented
            Editing a comment
            Took me about 5 days to get a call for the poly. I was disappointed though because I had to drive 6hrs to my test location and in the end I got a deception indicated. I was not trying to hide anything whatsoever and I have no idea why it showed that I was deceptive.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8293 users online. 395 members and 7898 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X