Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polygraph is nerve racking but easy. As long as you are honest and not trying to hide anything you will be fine. The tester goes over the questions he will ask you before you even take the polygraph, so you will know what to say when the test is active. My plograph tester discussed every question before hand. He also cleared everything up before the test just so I understood what every question was asking. You need to be 100% honest with every answer and 100% confident that it is the truth because if you fail just one single question, you are done.

Comment

• armymikeymike
      armymikeymike commented
      Editing a comment
      How long after your tests did you get the appt for your poly? I took my PRT last weekend.. Should I anticipate waiting a while?

• Marsave
      Marsave commented
      Editing a comment
      It takes about 1-2 weeks. You will be receiving a call to be scheduled.
      I'm still waiting to be scheduled for my oral board and it's been since June that I have tooken my poly

Hey ya'll, just want to say hello and wish everyone the best of luck. I was going through some of the questions on here and I can say....yes, the rower is no longer going to be used as a physical testing method. After the B2018 academy, all applicants will have to perform the pushups, situps and 1.5 mile run at the 70th percentile or better. Also, just some advice...I can NOT stress enough how important it is that you arrive to the academy in great physical shape. The workouts are ROUGH and if you think you're prepared, you're not.

Comment

• Texas_Havoc
      Texas_Havoc commented
      Editing a comment
      One last thing, I'm not sure if this has been started but if anybody has more questions I'll be more than happy to help ya'll the best I can. Things should be easier with this...You're invited to my new group "Texas DPS B-2018" on GroupMe. https://app.groupme.com/join_group/32935245/ByfelY

• WillyWonkaBars
      WillyWonkaBars commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you have any idea on if they are going to push out that tentative C-2018 school or am I going to have to wait until A-2019? Were you finally able to get on with DPS?

Hey,

So I took my entrance exam. My overall score was 88%. I did the rowing with 96%.
    To the guys who have been going through the process, do you guys think I an overall accumulative of 88% is good?

Thank you!

Comment

• armymikeymike
      armymikeymike commented
      Editing a comment
      From what my recruiter said, my 89% should still be alright. I read in another forum (not sure how accurate it is) but everyone with 85% or over who passed every subsequent phase was sent to academy. I don't know how accurate it is but might be some positivity to put in your pocket...

Thanks Mikey Mike! I was jw cause I felt like everyone gets 90s. I was shooting for 90 or higher of course. But the math was harder than I thought.

Tnanks again man.

Comment

Hey guys so I took my polygraph this past Thursday and the examiner said I failed. He failed me because I twitched my finger while asking me a question related to property damage. I was truthful through everything and never have I done any damage to anyone's property. I'm bummed. I just wanted to know if I'm officially done from applying in the future because of a failed polygraph?

Comment

Originally posted by Marcmtz14 View Post
        Hey guys so I took my polygraph this past Thursday and the examiner said I failed. He failed me because I twitched my finger while asking me a question related to property damage. I was truthful through everything and never have I done any damage to anyone's property. I'm bummed. I just wanted to know if I'm officially done from applying in the future because of a failed polygraph?
        If you receive notice you were not selected to continue in the application process due to the polygraph results you have to wait one year to reapply from the day you received the email stating so. It does not disqualify you forever.
        "Always remember to use all fingers when waving at a Police Officer!"

Comment

Hey Everyone! I am new to these forums and wanted to let yall know i am in the process for B18 from Houston. I take my Polygraph this Friday on the 25th in Austin. I took the Written and Physical test on August 1st and got the call to schedule the Poly on the 17th.

Comment

Hello, new to the forum here. Thanks to everyone for all this prior knowledge. It certainly takes a little of the edge off this process.

I have a question regarding the preliminary application through governmentjobs.com. How much of that information do we need to fill out as it relates to "Work Experience", "References", etc. Is there a required number of yrs for work experience or number of references we should put on there?

I know the full application ask for a specified amount. Anyone have any insight to give? Or can point me to find the answer? I didn't see any directions anywhere with specifics. I don't want to give too much or too little information.

(Sorry if this has already been addressed elsewhere)
            Last edited by mark_TX; 08-23-2017, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mark_TX View Post
              Hello, new to the forum here. Thanks to everyone for all this prior knowledge. It certainly takes a little of the edge off this process.

I have a question regarding the preliminary application through governmentjobs.com. How much of that information do we need to fill out as it relates to "Work Experience", "References", etc. Is there a required number of yrs for work experience or number of references we should put on there?

I know the full application ask for a specified amount. Anyone have any insight to give? Or can point me to find the answer? I didn't see any directions anywhere with specifics. I don't want to give too much or too little information.

(Sorry if this has already been addressed elsewhere)
              I rather have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it. I don't see an instance where somebody gets washed out for too much info, I do see it the other way around though.
              "Always remember to use all fingers when waving at a Police Officer!"

Comment

• mark_TX
                mark_TX commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks. Ill take your advice.

Hello everyone, I'm a new member to this and wanted to ask a few question about the application process. I just submitted my online application on governmentjobs.com and I'm just wondering how long does it takes for a recruiter or someone to contact me? And when I checked the application status all that I see is Pending Pre-Screen and PRT\Written Testing Phase

Comment

Let me know if anyone gets their email for Oral board. I am waiting on mine but not expecting anything for a month or two.

Comment

They sent an email to everyone going into the A school, but just a heads up in case ya'll didn't get it...

The 2000m row is NO LONGER AN OPTION for testing. On day 1, you'll have to do the push-ups sit-ups and 1.5 mile run at 70% or you'll be sent home.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up! That sucks because i like the rower but oh well...

Comment

Hello everyone, I am planning to submit my application this Sunday. Just to be sure, there isn't going to be a rowing machine in the PRT? They switched it to running, pushups, and situps? Or this change will take effect AFTER B-2018?
                      Last edited by Chuck238; 09-14-2017, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck238 View Post
                        Hello everyone, I am planning to submit my application this Sunday. Just to be sure, there isn't going to be a rowing machine in the PRT? They switched it to running, pushups, and situps? Or this change will take effect AFTER B-2018?
                        You'll have to verify with your recruiter. But I believe B-18 is the last class to do the row during initial testing, but you'll still do the pushups situps and run on day 1 of the academy. I believe B was grandfathered in with the rower since the change just officially took place this month.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5238 users online. 204 members and 5034 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X