Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys. I did my written test and rower test last week. I didn't know we only had 45 mins to complete both written test. I got in the 71 percentile with the rower test. I scored an 87 on the written part and have to retake the math part. I actually ran out of time on both written test. I didn't answer 4 question on my writing portion of the test. How do you guys complete the math portion so fast. I know its simple math and normally math is easy for me its just difficult for me to answer 70 questions in 45 minutes (math test). Any advice? Should I just back out from the process and wait for the next class? I never used a rower before in my entire life until that day. That thing is a beast.

Comment

• Ghunter87
      Ghunter87 commented
      Editing a comment
      45 minutes each? Or total? How many questions on the math test?

About 73 questions. You get 45 mins to answer all of them.

Comment

For the math, if you don't know a problem skip it and go back. Do the ones you know, AT LEAST guess to give yourself a chance to get them right. If your scores are low it might not be a bad idea to drop out and try again, then you'll know what you're getting into.

You'll have to double check me on this, but I think if you drop out you can go ahead and reapply when you want. If you're dropped from the tests you wait 6 months, and anything after that is 1 year. Don't hold me to that though, check with a recruiter.
      Last edited by Cdw92; 06-26-2017, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Okay thanks for the advice. I think I can get a 90 on the math test the next go round. Do you think Rower: 70 percent, Writing: 87 percent and Math 90 percent are very uncompetitive scores? I don't want to get booted out due to low scores and not something else.

Comment

They won't let us redo the rower. If you pass it the first time that's what your stuck with. I wish I could have did a run, push ups and sit ups instead.

Comment

My scores were 71% row, 100 English and 92 math. I've made it through the whole process waiting to be selected. You can be competitive with those scores, but I know there are people who row 90%-100% so we have that to compete with.

Comment

Originally posted by bravotoskinner View Post
              Okay thanks for the advice. I think I can get a 90 on the math test the next go round. Do you think Rower: 70 percent, Writing: 87 percent and Math 90 percent are very uncompetitive scores? I don't want to get booted out due to low scores and not something else.
              The writing and math scores are competitive, the rower will hurt you though. The office I was at seemed like they favored a higher rowing score over the test scores (I scored in the 88-89% range on my rowing phase).

Comment

Was that your first rower score? Did you retake the rower test at all? If I could only retake the rower test I know I can get in the mid 80's. They won't let us though which sucks.

Comment

Are you applying for B-2018 class?

Comment

I applied to A class, and my first rower score was in the 88-89% range.

Comment

Originally posted by Levithane View Post

The writing and math scores are competitive, the rower will hurt you though. The office I was at seemed like they favored a higher rowing score over the test scores (I scored in the 88-89% range on my rowing phase).
                      What gave you the impression that they favored the rowing score over the written test scores? From my understanding all three tests along with the poly are weighted equally. I could be wrong though.

Comment

• Levithane
                        Levithane commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I wasn't told specifics, but it sounded like there were some problems with a few troopers during some of the recent protests.

• Cdw92
                        Cdw92 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That makes me curious. Should we still focus on high intensity crossfit stuff, or get better at long runs and body weight stuff?

• Levithane
                        Levithane commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You could probably get by just by doing cardio, and basic weight training. I don't think its the wisest idea getting into a work out regime that will make it harder to adapt to the academy regime. What you eat is also important, all the exercise in the world doesn't do any good if you don't eat right.

• Cdw92
                        Cdw92 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Gotcha. I'm doing Crossfit and some longer running, so that should about cover it.

Tested and poly in two days , monday and Tuesday ! Passed poly and got a 100 on English , 93 on math and 74 on rowing . Glad to be in the process with everyone!

Comment

• bravotoskinner
                        bravotoskinner commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Nice! Have you gone through the process before or is it your first time. I take my math test again on Wednesday. You guys think the b2018 class is close to being full?

• MaddenKing
                        MaddenKing commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I doubt it. The academy is over a year away and the deadline isn't until October. Plenty of time left

• Matt_1193
                        Matt_1193 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It's my second time , last time I was actually hired but my new born was hospitalized and couldn't leave her . I just checked and my recruiter said I got recommended for board . Just waiting on date . Anyone get an oral board date ?

• MaddieD15
                        MaddieD15 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Matt_1193 .. i already passed my physical, written, and poly .. waiting on a board date. how long did it take you to get your board date?

Hey all, I just started the process of filling out the 22 page background packet. I have done a background investigation before for a Police Reserve position which is a volunteer, unlicensed officer. I have never gone through a poly exam though, anyone have any information to give to me regarding those and maybe some helpful tips?

EDIT: I have nothing to hide but the idea of a polygraph is intimidating for some reason.
                      Last edited by Nhansen94; 07-08-2017, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Matt_1193
                        Matt_1193 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Don't over think it, be honest and be able to articulate yourself .

Get plenty of sleep (hard but critical) and be sure to eat before you go. You will be there for a few hours.

Comment

How do you view your progrees? Like how do you see what stage your in on the dps website? Documents phase, written test phase etc.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8688 users online. 347 members and 8341 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X