Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the process being so competitive, I wouldn't test until I could get the very highest percentage on rower, it will only help you in the long run.
    "Always remember to use all fingers when waving at a Police Officer!"

Comment

Originally posted by WillyWonkaBars View Post
      With the process being so competitive, I wouldn't test until I could get the very highest percentage on rower, it will only help you in the long run.
      Thats what I was thinking. Thank you for your advice Wonka.

Comment

I agree. However, I rowed 71% and am pending final review. Obviously that doesn't mean I'm in yet, but still got this far with a somewhat low row score. As far as I know, it carries the same amount of weight as the written test and the oral board because they average them together. My scores were 71% row, 100 english and 92 math. Keep in mind that you're gonna row a few points faster than you have on your test date due to the adrenaline. If you think you can bump it from 73% to 80 something in a month then go for it. If not then I personally would go ahead and apply that way you're not stressing out for time because you waited until the last minute to apply.

Comment

Good luck you are almost there! I believe I can increase it to the low 80's. It will take a lot of work, but I think I can. I will test in mid July that way I still have about a month to improve on the rower, yet it is still a few months before the deadline. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

I have a rowing plan that took me a while to find that may help. I think it's pretty good but you gotta row almost everyday. I'm going to start it tomorrow.
            Increase your strength and stamina while specifically improving your 500-2000m rowing performance.
            "Objective judgement, now, at this very moment. Unselfish action, now, at this very moment. Willing acceptance - now, at this very moment - of all external events. That's all you need." Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Just applied. Was waiting till July to apply for the old C-2018. Which is now B. So here I am. Good luck to all.
              the dream is damned
              and dreamer too
              if dreaming's all
              that dreamers do
              -Rory Miller

Comment

Originally posted by IronPatriot View Post
                I have a rowing plan that took me a while to find that may help. I think it's pretty good but you gotta row almost everyday. I'm going to start it tomorrow.
                That's a great site... This is a new approach for me:
                http://breakingmuscle.com/fitness/2-...a-better-rower
                the dream is damned
                and dreamer too
                if dreaming's all
                that dreamers do
                -Rory Miller

Comment

Is there any kind of veteran's preference kind of thing going on that anyone knows?

Comment

Originally posted by armymikeymike View Post
                    Is there any kind of veteran's preference kind of thing going on that anyone knows?
                    I'm sure someone knows the exact amount, but as far as I know they add a set number of points to your application. (The written tests??)
                    the dream is damned
                    and dreamer too
                    if dreaming's all
                    that dreamers do
                    -Rory Miller

Comment

From what I understand, they add your written test scores and your oral board score and give you an average. There are not any veteran bonus points added as far as I know. They aren't a civil service department.

Comment

B-2018

Hello all. I am applying for the B-2018 State trooper school in Texas. My test date is this coming up Friday. I have a serious question. Is there any good study material to prepare for the writing/reading part of the written exam? I've always been very good at math, but looking at the practice test for reading/writing questions I'm having a bit of trouble. I know its usually the other way around. Math issues instead of reading/writing issues. Also good luck to all who are applying. I'm really passionate about being a state trooper. I've always wanted to do something and stand for something more than myself. Just like my military days.

Comment

Originally posted by bravotoskinner View Post
                          B-2018

Hello all. I am applying for the B-2018 State trooper school in Texas. My test date is this coming up Friday. I have a serious question. Is there any good study material to prepare for the writing/reading part of the written exam? I've always been very good at math, but looking at the practice test for reading/writing questions I'm having a bit of trouble. I know its usually the other way around. Math issues instead of reading/writing issues. Also good luck to all who are applying. I'm really passionate about being a state trooper. I've always wanted to do something and stand for something more than myself. Just like my military days.
                          Good luck, man. Don't worry about the English part of it, it's nowhere near as difficult as the practice test. The math test is basically the same, but the English is laughably easy.

Comment

• bravotoskinner
                            bravotoskinner commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks man! I'm extremely athletic so the physical part doesn't even scare me much. Thanks for the advice! Where are you in the process?

• Cdw92
                            Cdw92 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I'm through the entire process for A-18. Basically just waiting on an answer. I have to retake the psych and medical test because they cancelled E-17 so my results expire before the academy starts.

I see. Well at least your close to starting the academy. Has anyone every got in the 100 percentile for the rower machine?

Comment

• MaddieD15
                            MaddieD15 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I got a 100% on the rower machine but i wasnt told what i made on my written tests. i just know i passed and took the poly already .. now i'm just waiting for my next step.

Anyone know how they are with prescription drug use? like if I used script migraine medication from a coworker years ago for a headache, will that disqualify me? or is it a case by case basis?

Comment

Originally posted by armymikeymike View Post
                            Anyone know how they are with prescription drug use? like if I used script migraine medication from a coworker years ago for a headache, will that disqualify me? or is it a case by case basis?
                            See attached. Either way, it's not going away. So might as well apply and see what happens. :-)
                            the dream is damned
                            and dreamer too
                            if dreaming's all
                            that dreamers do
                            -Rory Miller

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7865 users online. 401 members and 7464 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X