Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone move to Background investigation phase 2?

Comment

• troopersota
      troopersota commented
      Editing a comment
      Dang that quickly huh?? I finished the psych at around one or so and my status at government jobs changed at 4:01 to pending results. So I should know by the end of today or tomorrow, you think?

• Matt_1193
      Matt_1193 commented
      Editing a comment
      People I was with got an email day after pysch was completed. Maybe two! The medical results took for me , about 2 weeks .

• troopersota
      troopersota commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah right on. What time of day did you have your psych? Before or after the noon hour?

• Matt_1193
      Matt_1193 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was scheduled at 10 am but didn’t end up leaving till after noon from pysch . Buddy’s that did it same time were told no go the next day ..

• So I contacted some of my references and asked if they got a call, and so far two of them have said they never received anything. I'm waiting for the others to respond, but has anyone else had this happen? I've been in BI phase 1 since December, and I'm starting to get concerned. Should I be? I got 80 on my row, and 100 and 97 on my written tests, and had my Polygraph the next day back in October.

Comment

• ZXE003
      ZXE003 commented
      Editing a comment
      They only need to talk to 5/10 of your references. So that's probably why the two you talked to never got a phone call.

I'm also in the same boat as you. Just waiting patiently!

• B2018
      B2018 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I would try not to worry. I met with my background Investigator on December 12th and it took exactly a month for my references to be called after the meeting and then 5 days after my references received calls I got my email for the boards. I talked to my investigator before hand and he said that the company doing the reference calls is extremely behind schedule. Hope this puts your mind somewhat at ease.

• MaddenKing
      MaddenKing commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I would not worry about it either. I was on BG1 for about a month and a half before I moved on to oral board. If you do not hear anything within the next two weeks I would start to question what is going on. Do you mind me asking why you are applying to DPS in Texas? I am always curious on out of state applicants lol.

• DJ_Reonic
      DJ_Reonic commented
      Editing a comment
      Florida Highway Patrol doesn't pay enough, and my wife and I have always been interested in moving to Texas.

• [Deleted] wrong spot.
    Last edited by DJ_Reonic; 01-25-2018, 11:58 AM. Reason: wrong spot. stupid phone.

Comment

• Just finished my home visit a few minutes ago , I wish everyone the best of luck ... as for me , this is the final stretch to that invitation letter ! Stay positive!

Comment

• Matt_1193
        Matt_1193 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you both ! It was just a SGT alone from Edinburg , just met me and the wife and talked about life . I honestly wish y’all the best of luck ! I’m not done yet ! Still have to see if I get the letter !

• MaddenKing
        MaddenKing commented
        Editing a comment
        Damn bro to my knowledge you are one of, if not the first to finish the entire process. How long ago did you pass oral board? Seems like a lot of applicants are out of the valley. I am glad to see that. Personally I am from Mercedes and I have oral board next week.

• Matt_1193
        Matt_1193 commented
        Editing a comment
        MaddenKing. Bro , honestly I have no idea how it happen so fast . Background investigation was submitted 14th. Oral board invite the 19th , oral board January 9-10th ... Background phase 2 on January 24th, trooper home visit January 25th man.

• Matt_1193
        Matt_1193 commented
        Editing a comment
        I wish you the best bro !!!! I’ll let y’all know how it goes.

• Still in BG1.. the anxiety is through the roof.

Comment

• Josh2749
        Josh2749 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea you’re right hopefully we make it.

• ZXE003
        ZXE003 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I emailed my recruiter and they said that everything was ok with my application status. So im just stressing myself out. Which im sure we all are!

• DJ_Reonic
        DJ_Reonic commented
        Editing a comment
        Josh2749 What do you mean by Testing Dates?

• Josh2749
        Josh2749 commented
        Editing a comment
        DJ_Reonic the Oral Board testing dates

• ZXE003

Did you already do your oral man?

Comment

• ZXE003
        ZXE003 commented
        Editing a comment
        No I haven't done it yet

• Just got oral board for 2/13. Things are moving!

Comment

• Matt_1193
        Matt_1193 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats !! Best of luck !!

• ZXE003
        ZXE003 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck bud

• Does anyone else have a board this week? I have mine tomorrow.

Comment

• I do (Thurs). I am confused though, the email i received stated nothing about a 2 BI. I was told if i met criteria, a conditional job offer will be extended. Anyone get similar email?
        Last edited by skfarmer125; 01-29-2018, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• ZXE003
          ZXE003 commented
          Editing a comment
          You get the conditional job offer AFTER you pass the oral board assessment.

• troopersota
          troopersota commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup. Conditional offer is given after passing the board. It will be rescinded if you don’t pass medical, psych, second BI (done by DPS themselves this time), or if you don’t impress on your home visit. Still a long way to go, but the home stretch nevertheless!

• ZXE003
          ZXE003 commented
          Editing a comment
          @troopersota
          Do you know exactly what is entailed in the BG2. The one DPS conducts.
          Thanks !
          Last edited by ZXE003; 01-30-2018, 12:52 AM.

• Looks like the B-2018 academy start date moved up nearly a month to June 10th. Any ideas why the dates have changed so frequently?

Comment

• ZXE003
          ZXE003 commented
          Editing a comment
          Because medical results are only good for 6 months. The first medical tests were performed during January. So they moved the academy start date up a month to keep those medical results valid. (My educated guess)

Hope this helps.

• How quick did you guys find out the results of the psych and Medical?

Comment

• Matt_1193
          Matt_1193 commented
          Editing a comment
          It took 2 weeks for my medical to come back , so did many others who were with me .

• Yesterday my references were called and today I received the email to schedule a board date. March 5th. Glad to see things are moving.

Comment

• ZXE003
          ZXE003 commented
          Editing a comment
          Best of luck!

• Can someone send me the link to the group me chat

Comment

• Well today I received an email stating I'm no longer on the process due to they reaching the maximum amount of candidates for the B-2018 academy.

Do I still have to wait the year to reapply?

Comment

• Coastie_Scott
            Coastie_Scott commented
            Editing a comment
            If you didn’t fail anything then to should be good to apply right away.

• Matt_1193
            Matt_1193 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wait, so what about people that have oral boards still scheduled? What part of the process were you on ? Sorry to hear that.

• turrubiates53
            turrubiates53 commented
            Editing a comment
            I was still on the polygraph phase. Been in that phase since November. Contacted recruiter and they werent sure if I had to wait an year. Pos nimodo, till next time

• Hey guys just got scheduled for my oral board march 6th.

Comment

• DJ_Reonic
            DJ_Reonic commented
            Editing a comment
            I just got my email today saying I'm scheduled for my oral board march 7th.

• Josh2749
            Josh2749 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats bro! Hope to see u there!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9209 users online. 382 members and 8827 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X