300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas DPS B-2018

Haven't seen a thread for this class yet. I know there are years of information regarding DPS already on this forum, but it can always be beneficial to talk to people in the same boat as you. Personally I applied a few weeks ago and hope to test within the next month. Im trying to improve on the rower.

Best of luck to you! I was in the process for E17 and got rolled to A18. I believe when I applied I tested about a month after, so you should be hearing something really soon.

Comment

Ok, for my vets. Anyone who has VA Ratings have issues at the physical portion? They keep asking for all kinds of VA records. I have only been retired 6 months. I have passed all, and am stuck with the clinic

Comment

• JGA88
        JGA88 commented
        Editing a comment
        My VA records ended up getting me disqualified for the A-2017 class. They sent me to their orthopedic dr who told me I had to have surgery on my shoulder. I paid for an MRI and my own ortho who stated that there is nothing to do surgery on but DPS told me to reapply.

Just saw all the changes to the DPS academies for 2018... new start date for B2018 with C being tentative and D class being canceled all together.
      "Always remember to use all fingers when waving at a Police Officer!"

Comment

Originally posted by WillyWonkaBars View Post
        Just saw all the changes to the DPS academies for 2018... new start date for B2018 with C being tentative and D class being canceled all together.
        Well, WillyWonkaBars looks like A2019 for us now

Comment

Originally posted by johnny73 View Post

Well, WillyWonkaBars looks like A2019 for us now
          Yup A2019 application bound unless the "tentative" C2018 class gets approved with the dates as listed, I'll be able to apply because my year is up 16DEC2017. Either way I'm going to remain positive and go with the flow.

Comment

you guys probably already know this, but I think they're going back to the normal 1-2 academies a year soon. The process is about to get that much more competitive. I'd work on that rower and be in the 90's at least! I know they just updated the minimum from 50% to 70%

Comment

The rower is the least of my worries lol

Comment

Originally posted by WillyWonkaBars View Post
                The rower is the least of my worries lol
                I still hate it with a passion. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cdw92 View Post

I still hate it with a passion. lol
                  Oh most definitely a devil machine!

Comment

Just wanted to tip my hat to everyone here. I put in for this academy to give up my soft life of being a firefighter to live the hard life a Texas State Trooper. Thx everybody here for your posts, its great to read them.
                    Last edited by IronPatriot; 06-03-2017, 06:04 PM.
                    "Objective judgement, now, at this very moment. Unselfish action, now, at this very moment. Willing acceptance - now, at this very moment - of all external events. That's all you need." Marcus Aurelius

Comment

you guys probably already know this, but I think they're going back to the normal 1-2 academies a year soon. The process is about to get that much more competitive. I'd work on that rower and be in the 90's at least! I know they just updated the minimum from 50% to 70%
                      Is it confirmed that the minimum is up to 70% now? I was kinda glad the deadline got pushed back so I can keep working on the rower, but fewer academies makes the process much more difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by IronPatriot View Post
                        Just wanted to tip my hat to everyone here. I put in for this academy to give up my soft life of being a firefighter to live the hard life a Texas State Trooper. Thx everybody here for your posts, its great to read them.
                        Good luck IronPatriot let us know as you advance through the process.

Comment

Originally posted by MaddenKing View Post

Is it confirmed that the minimum is up to 70% now? I was kinda glad the deadline got pushed back so I can keep working on the rower, but fewer academies makes the process much more difficult.
                          I was told that by the SGT that did my home interview.

Comment

I was told that by the SGT that did my home interview.
                            I know the minimum was still 50 when you tested, but do you mind me asking what percentage you got? Also what would you do in my situation. I am currently at 73% on the rower. Would you test in June knowing you would get less than 75% or wait a month or two to increase to potentially 80-85%? I am eager to start the process, but I also want to give myself the best opportunity possible.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8779 users online. 344 members and 8435 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X