Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BadJuJu85
    commented on 's reply
    If I were you, I’d look into the smaller suburban departments. Right now, with the political climate and civil unrest, any kind of protesting and rioting will take place in the biggest city within the metroplex/metropolitan area.

I place more trust in an IED-laden road in Iraq than the command staff. They say they support you, but they’ll throw you under the bus faster than a hooker in South Dallas looking for her next BJ.

• zec1996
    commented on 's reply
    Unfortunate. Good luck nonetheless. Definitely stick with applying for DPD, longest training in the country and it carries some serious weight being able to say you're a Dallas police officer. Again, good luck.

• tx5325
    commented on 's reply
    It was psych. I called and talked to an LT. He said the psych doc said that he felt like he didn’t get enough information from me to certify. It’s funny because I overheard one of the applicant processing ladies say “these doctors are being reaaal weird today.”

Nevertheless he said I can reapply, which I will. But I’ll still drop my name with other depts as well.

• zec1996
    commented on 's reply
    My class has had pretty minimal PT right now due to scheduling and the craziness of the world. It can be weeks without PT through the department so expect to work out on your own time too, they'll require it. Just know you guys will mess up and will get smoked for it. Just live loose and correct mistakes, don't get mad at those who make them. Just help correct them and move on. It'll be a long 9mo if you get mad and fight about every mistake, no matter how trivial.

But in short PT sucks and it only will get worse with the heat picking up. If you havent, you better run starting now. This weekend will be nice and hot so you better use it to help get more acclimated to running in the heat.

• zec1996
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry to hear that man. Unfortunately I can't give any insight on if a DQ is possible to reapply for. I know Class B misdemeanors require a 10yr wait but that's all I know. Either way good luck to you in the future!

• tx5325
    replied
    Well, nevermind. I got my DQ letter in the mail today. Not sure if I can re-apply or not, I will ask. Otherwise it's on to the next one. I appreciate the support on the forum, it was a huge help getting almost through the process. If anyone still in the process has any questions, feel free to ask.

Leave a comment:

• Cslaws
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the update. Starting next week can’t wait! How has The pt been?

• asian_cowboy
    commented on 's reply
    Since COVID and all these riots, things are subject to change, but I did hear about a class starting in September. I'm not sure if there are limited spots or whatever though.

• zec1996
    commented on 's reply
    Unfortunately no word from down at the academy. My class is about a month in but we aren't getting much info. I know the June class is supposed to start the 10th or something but besides that just talk from before. Maybe a late July class? Not entirely sure anymore, my supervisors at the academy don't tell us stuff that doesn't pertain to us.

I'd suggest patience like I have been. Especially with things right now the department is pulled thin. Lot of the academy staff has had to be doing riot control, just to put it in perspective.

Also I do believe the classes are currently limited to 25 max, my class is split in 2 rooms to keep that 25 limit in place. Masks on all day, it's not ideal but you have to make it work.
    Last edited by zec1996; 06-04-2020, 08:10 PM.

• tx5325
    commented on 's reply
    My understanding was classes are now capped at 20-25. Formerly they are between 40-50.

• Cslaws
    commented on 's reply
    Do you know how many will be in each class I know I am still starting next week!

• tx5325
    replied
    Is there any movement anywhere at Dallas lately? I swapped numbers with a few people at my phase 2 testing last MONTH and none of us have heard anything. Dallas has since stopped all testing and we've heard that the June class was filled before we even did phase 2 since the class sizes were reduced. Are there any mumblings anywhere about more classes?

Leave a comment:

• tx5325
    replied
    Good luck to all starting tomorrow!!

Still anxiously waiting for a call. Phase 2 was Wed/Thurs last week!

Leave a comment:

• bama_39766
    commented on 's reply
    How did you find out your package was sent up the chain? Did your detective let you know or did you have to call personnel?

• bama_39766
    commented on 's reply
    How did you find out that your package was sent up the chain?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4800 users online. 340 members and 4460 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X