Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about the Dallas Marshals? Do they have the same problems as DPD?

Comment

• Worse. Worse pay and pension. I would look into exactly what they do before you apply. They deal with the central detention center and illegal dumping.

Comment

• Originally posted by formerdispatcher View Post
        Worse. Worse pay and pension. I would look into exactly what they do before you apply. They deal with the central detention center and illegal dumping.
        Ah. I figured it was mostly bailiff & security at court, then hunting warrants. Some traffic if they want...thats basically what they do in LA. and serve civil papers.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
          Finally got the call. I will be in the may 31st academy. If your trying to get on keep trying and never give up.
          Wow. Congrats!

Comment

• @formerdispatcher, Sheriffs office and constables office?

Comment

• All of Dallas county is incorporated so the Sheriff does not do calls for service. They mostly do traffic and freeway accidents if you are a deputy . Otherwise you would be at Lee sterett jail. Constables are mostly civil with some traffic. We have more agencies than you can shake a stick at. But a lot of times they try to push their stuff on DPD.

Comment

• Originally posted by formerdispatcher View Post
                All of Dallas county is incorporated so the Sheriff does not do calls for service. They mostly do traffic and freeway accidents if you are a deputy . Otherwise you would be at Lee sterett jail. Constables are mostly civil with some traffic. We have more agencies than you can shake a stick at. But a lot of times they try to push their stuff on DPD.
                Yea thanks. I did patrol for 7 years, in a much much smaller (like no comparison really) and getting shopliftings and domestics for 12 hours straight got old, so I'm really surprised at the number of people who want to go to a large agency where the call volume is the highest, compared to one of the smaller agencies or suburbs. But also I did meet a guy who started at Carrollton P.D. and moved back to Louisiana because he said it was just too much out there.

Comment

• anyone waiting to hear back? already have an academy date? anyone outta state?
                  Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• What's up guys, I live in Chicago now and I did the fast track process starting March 23rd - March 25th. I first spoke with my BI June 6th. He calls/emails me if he needs any additional information all the time (cool guy). My personal references, girlfriend, father, and former job were all called by him. That took about 2 weeks to complete. Now I'm just sitting back waiting on the next step (which is flying back out there and doing psych and medical). Hopefully after that I get the call about starting the academy.

Comment

• sounds like you should be in the class rumored to be starting end of july. good luck! once u pass psych and medical they usually let u know asap. i was called right away and had about 1.5 weeks to be out here for the academy.

Comment

• yep. not a lot of us females out here

hope u hear good news!

Comment

• Cpd2010* how's academy going? I'm in the process for Dallas right now. I read through this thread, and realized that you're a month in! How is it?

Comment

• challenging. pretty much sums it up in one word. weekly exams are a mother, physical workouts are a peach. it's going good so far. how far along in the process r u? r u TX native or coming from out of state

Comment

• BI told me that next academy is July 26

Comment

• so we've heard. hopefully they get enough to put into this class. sometimes they dont and then they end up moving the academy date.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4048 users online. 294 members and 3754 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X