Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just started the process of the background so I got a ways to go. When u contact ur BI what's the response? Were ur references and jobs called? How long were u in the background stage.
    Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
      I just started the process of the background so I got a ways to go. When u contact ur BI what's the response? Were ur references and jobs called? How long were u in the background stage.
      The detective over my BI never gave me much info. I was told it the BI would take 8 weeks, so at 9 weeks I called and was told my packet was now under review. Again, he was very short and didn't share much. None of my references or prior employers were contacted either, so needless to say I'm not very optimistic at all.

Comment

CPDo, you'll know when they start because your friends will call you and say they talked to me and asked weird questions.
        sometimes if the bi has trouble contacting one they will have you do it and have them contact the bi. I remember taking finals in college and having to step outside to have my parents call the bI.

Comment

Good luck to everyone else. Passed everything but the oral board. First time going completely thru a police hiring process. Some other applicants suggested to me San Antonio, Ft Worth, and DPS.

Comment

It's the toughest part of the hiring process. Don't be discouraged, all those departments you listed are great ones.

Comment

any movement for anyone? i see they keep testing...

Comment

If you have a degree, you can check out Arlington. Dallas turned me down due to some Class B Misdemeanors from high school (2003). Arlington picked me up, and I have completed the entire hiring process in the last 40 days (as an out of state applicant), for the 17JULY2017 academy.
                War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

Comment

• tmaster17
                  tmaster17 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thats Awesome ! Good Luck to you.

Originally posted by _JohnnyUtah View Post
                If you have a degree, you can check out Arlington. Dallas turned me down due to some Class B Misdemeanors from high school (2003). Arlington picked me up, and I have completed the entire hiring process in the last 40 days (as an out of state applicant), for the 17JULY2017 academy.
                i do have a BA. I do not have any criminal background, not even a speeding ticket. I just checked out arlington. I send in an application and in 2-4 weeks i will receive a confirmation. when do they do the testing, as i am also out of state so i need to plan these types of trips ahead of time.

Comment

i do have a BA. I do not have any criminal background, not even a speeding ticket. I just checked out arlington. I send in an application and in 2-4 weeks i will receive a confirmation. when do they do the testing, as i am also out of state so i need to plan these types of trips ahead of time.
                  Here was my timeline for Arlington so far:
                  18FEB: Applied
                  10MAR: Phase I - Oral Board, Physical Agility Testing
                  20-21MAR: Phase II - Poly, Pysch, Medical
                  03APR: Phase III - BI Started
                  25APR: Phase IV - Scheduled for final meeting / Chief's interview
                  17JUL: Academy Start

So from flash to bang, it will be just over 60 days from application to final job offer. Keep in mind, my time between applied and going to Phase 1 was probably longer than normal, since they took that time to contact the investigating agency from my high school charges, review the case, and check with TCOLE to make sure I would be good in Texas. I am sure that added at least a week.

This was my case, so it may not be the same for everyone, but they do move very quickly and very professionally. I also have the luxury of not working a full time job right now (just doing intermittent medical teaching contracts), so whenever they called and offered any dates, I always took the first opening available. It will end up being three trips total once I go back for my Chief's interview.

Feel free to PM me or start an Arlington PD thread or something, I don't want to take over the DPD convo any more than we already have.

Best of Luck.
                  War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

Comment

Can anyone tell me the steps of pay? Ie after yr 1..2..3 etc.

Comment

You will start off at 49,207 then

keep in mind you will also get certification pay,education pay, patrol pay (at 5 years).
                      also this is for the police officer rank.
                      senior corporal top out at $85,080.

also remember that we have had pay frozen for several years. We have 8 year officers making 51k.

Comment

anyone have news/hear anything?

Comment

[QUOTE=cpd2010*;n6473856]anyone have news/hear

6 months and counting. I hear there's a class starting in May so hopefully I'll know something here before too long...and honestly I've already threw in the towel, so I'm good with whatever the outcome may be.

Comment

[QUOTE=Cameron T;n6474195]
                            anyone have news/hear

6 months and counting. I hear there's a class starting in May so hopefully I'll know something here before too long...and honestly I've already threw in the towel, so I'm good with whatever the outcome may be.
                            what was the last step you completed?
                            do they start the beginning of the month or middle? or it differs each month? i doubt ill make may...still in the BI stage...are academies still every month?

Comment

[QUOTE=cpd2010*;n6474301]
                              Originally posted by Cameron T View Post

what was the last step you completed?
                              do they start the beginning of the month or middle? or it differs each month? i doubt ill make may...still in the BI stage...are academies still every month?
                              My BI has been in the review stage for almost 3 months now. My buddy said the next academy is 31 May

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17294 users online. 497 members and 16797 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X