Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone from the April testing hear anything back yet?
    CBP 19-2 GS-9 (38%):

9/18/2018 Applied for 18-13
    9/20/2018 Written Exam
    10/3/2018 Referred for GS-7
    10/19/2018 E-QIP accepted
    10/23/2018 BI Packet Sent to OPR
    10/24/2018 Medical Exam
    11/2/2018 Applied for 19-2
    11/8/2018 Referred for GS-9
    11/13/2018 SI
    11/14/2018 Passed SI
    11/26/2018 PFT
    11/28/2018 Passed PFT
    3/27/2019 Med Review requested additional documents
    4/17/2019 Submitted additional medical paperwork

Comment

• Did anyone else apply this year and how is it going?

Comment

• DWOOD
        DWOOD commented
        Editing a comment
        mudboned nice! That is definitely a good sign and sounds like you are close to being finished.

• GummyBear16
        GummyBear16 commented
        Editing a comment
        mudboned that’s a good sign but ooooweee! It takes forever for chain of command to get back with you. I’m not sure how many weeks mines was sitting in review because my bi didn’t tell me when it was submitted but they kicked it back because my photos were missing and more references needed to be contacted since only 1 was contacted. This week marks 6 weeks since it’s been in review.
        DWoods thanks! Fingers crossed for all of us

• DWOOD
        DWOOD commented
        Editing a comment
        GummyBear16 that seems like a long time to be in review. Have you considered reaching out to check the status of your file or do you think it is frowned upon?

• GummyBear16
        GummyBear16 commented
        Editing a comment
        DWOOD I honestly hear mixed reviews but I’m going to play it safe and not do it because I do have the Sgt email who has the final say so. It’s him and the chief. Sooooo I’m sure they are busy and I would rather not lol!

• I tested end of February, called by background detective in late March, and yesterday I was given formal offer of employment to start the July 10th academy.

Comment

• mudboned
        mudboned commented
        Editing a comment
        GummyBear16 What?? That sucks. I've heard of people getting called two days before though lol.

• GummyBear16
        GummyBear16 commented
        Editing a comment
        mudboned I haven’t did the medical or psych yet

• mudboned
        mudboned commented
        Editing a comment
        GummyBear16 Damn. I remember reading an article that Dallas is down 700 officers, but they've only budgeted for 300 new officers for the year. Hope for September! Maybe we'll both make it!

• GummyBear16
        GummyBear16 commented
        Editing a comment
        mudboned I hope so too! They told me they’re trying to hire 300-400. I spoke to a recruiter a few days ago

• Anyone heard back for the July 10th class? I did medical and psych on June 10-11 and I'm still waiting to hear back.

Comment

• jcr027
        jcr027 commented
        Editing a comment
        I started phase one in January and was assigned my BI in early March. It's been a lot of waiting that's driving me crazy.

• mudboned
        mudboned commented
        Editing a comment
        It's been a long time for you! Hope you get into the July class. I had my first round of testing in April so I'm hoping to get into the September class.

• jcr027
        jcr027 commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope so too. It's been three weeks since I've heard anything.

• mnazary
        mnazary commented
        Editing a comment
        I would definitely email or call backgrounds and see what's up. I did my psych and medical the week before you and I had my offer a week after that. Your file may have slipped through the cracks.

• deleted...
      Last edited by jcr027; 07-01-2019, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• Is anybody application sitting in review? How long has it been? How long did it take to hear from them? Going on 6 weeks for me!

Comment

• Going down for testing in a few weeks, any advice for the process? How is the PT test in person? Anything to know in advance would be great

Comment

• NYDispatch
            NYDispatch commented
            Editing a comment
            I did look at the pt test, I was surprised by it honestly. I keep thinking there’s gotta be some catch to it. I’m planning on applying to others, but after visiting Dallas I really liked the city so keeping it a priority. No way I wanna work NYPD, half your paycheck is gonna go to taxes and the other half to living expenses if you live even remotely close to it.

• GummyBear16
            GummyBear16 commented
            Editing a comment
            NYDispatch the cost of living is going up down here thanks to people keep coming! Don’t be fooled! The pt is easy for some and you gotta factor in the heat... I can run further in 60 degrees but in 100 degrees?!?! I’m just going lay there until the birds pick me off! That’s good you plan on applying for other departments

• mudboned
            mudboned commented
            Editing a comment
            NYDispatch The requirements pre-academy are just the minimums. In the academy the requirements are more stringent.

• NYDispatch
            NYDispatch commented
            Editing a comment
            I figured as much, I was wondering how much stiffer the academy requirements are. Trying to be as prepared as possible

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6692 users online. 272 members and 6420 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X