Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone here starting in the july academy?

Comment

• Anyone starting July 25th?

Comment

• Originally from Aurora, IL moved to PA. Just graduated college as an accountant. A few months into it and can not stand being stuck in an office all day. Going back to my first love law enforcement. Looking at DPA. Any advice on where to start. What is on the written exam? What should I work on for the physical parts?

Comment

• I saw DPD’s new pay raise. Are they still looking at 10s for Patrol?

Comment

• 10's are a solid maybe.

Comment

• http://www.dallaspolice.net/joindpd/...ing-Steps.aspx

As of January 1, 2019 the starting pay for a patrol officer will be 60k plus more if you have a bachelor degree. total you start t about 64k total. Great time to be a Dallas police officer.
              Last edited by cpd2010*; 09-19-2018, 07:03 PM.
              Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• stevenehlert
                stevenehlert commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice. Taking the test in January!

• It is a great time to start or be a new officer with Dallas. The 6-11 year officers will be making 3% more than a much newer officer. They are getting the shaft.

They are still looking into 10's but we will likely stay at 8's. Which is too bad, 10's are awesome

Comment

• Cpd2010... I sent you a pm.. I think

Comment

• Originally posted by formerdispatcher View Post
                  It is a great time to start or be a new officer with Dallas. The 6-11 year officers will be making 3% more than a much newer officer. They are getting the shaft.

They are still looking into 10's but we will likely stay at 8's. Which is too bad, 10's are awesome
                  yes, i agree they are getting S H A F T E D, you guys should join this great department, no regrets here, also reach out to myself or cpd2010, so we can get extra vacation days.. that is all

Comment

• Anyone here still in the process with Dallas? They just finished up my BI. Next class is projected to start on Feb 20.

Comment

• Have a few questions about the department. I'm in backgrounds and was just curious about some stuff. I remember reading an article that Chief Hall began to allow beards, baseball hats, and external carriers. The first two things I've seen on officers. But haven't seen any officers with load beating vests. Is this issued to officers or did it not go through?

I heard rumors of them bringing in more 10 hour shifts. Also a possible change to Glock 9mm's or allowing officers to use them. Any truth to that? I'm just curious and it won't make any difference on me taking any job offer if I were to get one.

Comment

• GummyBear16
                        GummyBear16 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Are you still in background?

• I'll be at testing on Apr 25-27!

Comment

• Officers can now purchase their own external vest carrier. It is not a load bearing vest.
                        A 10 hour shift was added in February. The hours are not great but it is 3 days off.
                        i have also heard the department is moving from issue the Sig Sauer P226 to a 9mm Glock. This is not official yet though.

Comment

• Hi everyone, so I just finished my background last month and recently completed my psychological and medical on 03/27/2019. Does anyone know how long it will take to get a call back?

Comment

• GummyBear16
                            GummyBear16 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Are you in the May class?

• Originally posted by suprasian View Post
                          Hi everyone, so I just finished my background last month and recently completed my psychological and medical on 03/27/2019. Does anyone know how long it will take to get a call back?
                          I tested back in February and in backgrounds now. Which test did you take?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5610 users online. 361 members and 5249 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X