Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas needs to come up with a way to attract current officers. You need experienced guys to ease the burden on young guys while they get their feet wet. From what I saw, and the DPD guys I talked to after the shooting, it sounds like they did a good job handling the response, search, and apprehension.

Any update on LP officer and Alemeida?
    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

• cpd2010*
      cpd2010* commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing other then in critical condition still. They are keeping it hushed, really just rumors here and there. What the officers want the city wont pay for. Like always, reactive instead of proactive.

• Hello I will be taking my test this Monday, and I wanted to know what the written test is like and what the Oral Board is like?

Comment

• http://www.dallaspolice.net/join-dpd

this page has all the info you need. Were not supposed to talk or share details about the oral board. Have you applied to a police department before?
      Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• Hey, cpd2010* can you message me? I would like to ask you some questions about the Dallas Police Department, and their application process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boca96 View Post
          Hey, cpd2010* can you message me? I would like to ask you some questions about the Dallas Police Department, and their application process.
          Go ahead and msg me your questions

Comment

• Anyone here tested in late Feb/18? If yes, anyword from BG?

Comment

• MannyE
              MannyE commented
              Editing a comment
              have u not been contacted by an investigator? thats a long while if you tested in feb

• cpd2010*
              cpd2010* commented
              Editing a comment
              I'd contact the personnel division because it sounds like your app might be fallen through the cracks.

• commonsense86
              commonsense86 commented
              Editing a comment
              I apologize for that, it was actually the last week of March that i tested. Iv only received an email from BI on 4/2 needing my credit report in which i submitted. Bl contacted my last reference a little over 3 weeks ago.

• I apologize for that, it was actually the last week of March that i tested. Iv only recieved an email from BI on 4/2 needing my credit report in which i submitted. Bl contacted my last reference a little over 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• Sounds like its moving along then!

Comment

• BI stated to my spouse that the next academy will be starting in July, is that still accurate?

Comment

• cpd2010*
                  cpd2010* commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Theres an academy every 8 weeks..may 16 was last academy I know of

• MannyE
                  MannyE commented
                  Editing a comment
                  yes its accurate, mid july is the next academy date, youll be in 362 if you do get in. In terms of your background investigation, i only spoke to mine twice, once to get my credit check and another time to ask for my drivers license history from the DMV. It took him around 3 months to complete the entire thing. The wait sucks, but no news is good news. But the bright side is, is you do pass youll have your psych and medical done the next week and youll get your acceptance letter the following monday.

• commonsense86
                  commonsense86 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My BI was very clear from the beginning, not to contact him unless something major has changed. How much time do they give you before academy starts?

• Originally posted by commonsense86 View Post
                BI stated to my spouse that the next academy will be starting in July, is that still accurate?
                My BI was very clear from the beginning, not to contact him unless something major has changed. How much time do they give you before academy starts?

Comment

• MannyE
                  MannyE commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Depends, I got 3 weeks notice. Someone in 361 was told literally the day before the academy started that the next one starts the following day, that he could join that academy or wait until 362, and he came in the day before with pretty much nothing. His locker is right by mine. and yeah, theres no reason to contact him

• I was given 1 week notice. They try and give as much notice as possible. The BIs are good at what they do so let them be. Your references and jobs will let you know when they're contacted by the dept...mine did. Then a week later I was coming back for medical and psych exam.

Comment

• Everyone has been contacted already. If i get called, I hope I am given enough time.

Comment

• MannyE
                    MannyE commented
                    Editing a comment
                    well if you passed background, unless your nuts you should be okay.... you start in july.

• commonsense86
                    commonsense86 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    lol no, im ok in that department, besides a ticket more than 7 years ago. Well I really hope I get that call.

• MannyE
                    MannyE commented
                    Editing a comment
                    any updates? you should of gotten the call if you passed psych and medical

• commonsense86
                    commonsense86 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No, I have not received a call nor a letter thus far. Any word on what date the next academy starts?

• so hows evryone doing so far that tested this week?

Comment

• stevenehlert
                    stevenehlert commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You may know this answer. If I am graduating next may from a 4-year college, when would I apply to Dallas?

• MannyE
                    MannyE commented
                    Editing a comment
                    id apply as soon as possible... they can push your academy date back until after you graduate but the entire process takes 4-5 months.

• U can apply now if u have the credit hours.

Comment

• Does anyone know how much DPD PAYS ? After all the new raises and stuff ?or it’s just what it says on website ?

Comment

• MannyE
                      MannyE commented
                      Editing a comment
                      pay bump u start at 51800 something, and you get an extra 300 a month if u have a degree

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9098 users online. 224 members and 8874 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X