Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD To Texas

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NYPD To Texas

    Hello,
    I'm a NYPD cop trying to find a better life for me and my new family.....

    Any ideas or advice about a good department or suburbs to live in?

    I hear that down south its still about community policing which I'm hoping for.... PM about condition of the department, morale and stuff if you dont think its good for public view

    I'll tell you guys straight out that the NYPD is a sinking ship with morale and treatment of thier officers. There is a massive exodus and the people taking the job now is a joke.

  • #2
    where do you work? I am in the NYPD and going through a process right now in Texas. Great move!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Now you Northern boys know ya'll have to get yourself a passpsort to move to Texas once you all pass the Red River right???You have to go to the first Police station/Sheriffs Office/Or DPS office as soon as you enter the state.Tell them that you are a Yanke.............I mean....New to the state from the North.they will show ya what to do.Now be nice to them Southern boys now ya hear!!they sho be nice to ya,that fo sure.
      FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        SE Va departments are hiring like crazy

        You will have to go through a new academy

        Pay starts 32-40 depending on the department

        A decent 3 br ranch runs about 225,000

        Dont expect the citizens to be like Mayberry. They are animals down here too and the SE has the highest rates of murdered cops in the country

        We have plenty of Yankees

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Bigg Dogg
          Now you Northern boys know ya'll have to get yourself a passpsort to move to Texas once you all pass the Red River right???You have to go to the first Police station/Sheriffs Office/Or DPS office as soon as you enter the state.Tell them that you are a Yanke.............I mean....New to the state from the North.they will show ya what to do.Now be nice to them Southern boys now ya hear!!they sho be nice to ya,that fo sure.
          hahaha that was good I have always wanted to move to the south, Texas in particular. I'm just a yankee trying to make his dream come true

          Comment


          • #6
            Texas ain't the south, it's just Texas, a country to itself.



            Originally posted by sbraz334
            hahaha that was good I have always wanted to move to the south, Texas in particular. I'm just a yankee trying to make his dream come true
            "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

            For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by pkagel
              Texas ain't the south, it's just Texas, a country to itself.
              Very true lol. Thanks for the PM btw

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by pkagel
                Texas ain't the south, it's just Texas, a country to itself.

                Thats why I told them that fellers they had to get themselves a Passyport to come on down here.
                FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  A friend of mine was on Houston PD for a couple years and left to come back to Nebraska. Not sure what the reasoning for that is, but he gets a lot of crap for it.

                  PS. was looking for the Walker Texas Ranger theme song to start playing! That show Rocked!
                  Some people were just dropped on their heads as children more than the rest of us!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Might have been the 150% humidity and 100 degree weather while wearing a vest.

                    Originally posted by nebraska_deputy
                    A friend of mine was on Houston PD for a couple years and left to come back to Nebraska. Not sure what the reasoning for that is, but he gets a lot of crap for it.
                    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

                    For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      True I think the temp here yesterday was 102 with humidity at 20% or less. Then again during the winter -20 is nothing and I hear Texas is a good place to be.
                      Some people were just dropped on their heads as children more than the rest of us!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The winter isn't half bad in Dallas but in Houston that cold rips through your bones because again, it's like 300% humidity.
                        "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

                        For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by pkagel
                          The winter isn't half bad in Dallas but in Houston that cold rips through your bones because again, it's like 300% humidity.

                          Winters???This past "Winter" i was using the AC on patrol in December!!!I think winter lasted for about a month from FEb.15-March15th.
                          FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Bigg Dogg
                            Winters???This past "Winter" i was using the AC on patrol in December!!!I think winter lasted for about a month from FEb.15-March15th.
                            Yea, I've had bar-b-q's for Christmas in SoTX but that 2 weeks of winter when it comes is rippin' cold!!
                            "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

                            For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by pkagel
                              Yea, I've had bar-b-q's for Christmas in SoTX but that 2 weeks of winter when it comes is rippin' cold!!
                              BBQ at Christmas?!! Boy am I gonna love it down there.
                              I hope I hear something soon.

                              Comment

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 7536 users online. 422 members and 7114 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X