300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tx dps d-2016

Starting this thread to share useful info with other candidates for D-2016 starting September 11, 2016.

I'm out-of-state military, and these forums have been the best single information source since I started working towards becoming a trooper last year. Anyone else on here applying for D-2016?

Originally posted by SFmovingon View Post
    Starting this thread to share useful info with other candidates for D-2016 starting September 11, 2016.

I'm out-of-state military, and these forums have been the best single information source since I started working towards becoming a trooper last year. Anyone else on here applying for D-2016?
    SF welcome to the DPS forums. If you review the past couple of years of postings, you will find a wealth of information. If you can't your answer post your question and we will try to help you find the answer. Tell us about yourself and where you are in the process. Best of luck!

Comment

I'm thinking about it hard myself. I applied last Feb but I wasn't in a financial position to move forward with it. Now I would be able to afford it, as long as I didn't have to move to the southern or western regions.

Comment

Thanks Slayer, I've learned a lot from your posts over the past 5 months. Everything has been sent to the recruiter, and now I'm preparing for my fast track testing in San Antonio and Austin, scheduled for the last week of April.

Does anyone know where to find the max (best) row time, not just the minimums listed on the DPS webpage? (I'm 26yo/165 lbs)

Comment

Originally posted by SFmovingon View Post
          Thanks Slayer, I've learned a lot from your posts over the past 5 months. Everything has been sent to the recruiter, and now I'm preparing for my fast track testing in San Antonio and Austin, scheduled for the last week of April.

Does anyone know where to find the max (best) row time, not just the minimums listed on the DPS webpage? (I'm 26yo/165 lbs)
          Anything under 7:30 with a damper setting of 5 for testing purposes. For training purposes, put the damper on level 10 and leave it there.

Comment

I plan on applying for the D-2016 academy if I can finish out this semester with 60 credit hours!

Comment

I currently am rowing an 8:15 at damper setting of 10 hoping to get it down below 7:45 in the next couple of weeks

Comment

Originally posted by txtrooper24 View Post
                I currently am rowing an 8:15 at damper setting of 10 hoping to get it down below 7:45 in the next couple of weeks
                Make your first priority to do well enough to get into the academy. The LT and his fitness team will get you to where you need to be by graduation. I guarantee it.

Comment

Originally posted by Slayer6x6 View Post
                  Make your first priority to do well enough to get into the academy. The LT and his fitness team will get you to where you need to be by graduation. I guarantee it.
                  My "50% minimum" is 9:29, I am not sure what my 90% is but I am guessing it will be in the 7 minute range.

Side note Slayer, the online app still has C-2016 open but was supposed to close 1/27, do you know if this is a fluke or if they are still accepting for that academy?

Comment

I'm hoping to apply this round, but I'm concerned that I won't test high enough on the PT to be competitive. Thanks to a workout Slayer provided, I'm at 9 minutes on my 2k but I was hoping to be at least at 8 minutes. Even then, still not sure that that's good enough.

I've never been an athlete or in "shape" so I guess it's to be expected that it's taking awhile. I don't want to blow my chance at DPS by testing too soon and scoring in the 60/70 percentile and then have to wait a year to reapply.

Comment

My "50% minimum" is 9:29, I am not sure what my 90% is but I am guessing it will be in the 7 minute range.

Side note Slayer, the online app still has C-2016 open but was supposed to close 1/27, do you know if this is a fluke or if they are still accepting for that academy?
                      I will make a call and find out on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Emers View Post
                        I'm hoping to apply this round, but I'm concerned that I won't test high enough on the PT to be competitive. Thanks to a workout Slayer provided, I'm at 9 minutes on my 2k but I was hoping to be at least at 8 minutes. Even then, still not sure that that's good enough.

I've never been an athlete or in "shape" so I guess it's to be expected that it's taking awhile. I don't want to blow my chance at DPS by testing too soon and scoring in the 60/70 percentile and then have to wait a year to reapply.
                        Just worry about scoring high enough to pass the 50% and get in. The academy process will take care of the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Slayer6x6 View Post
                          I will make a call and find out on Monday.
                          Awesome, cause if possible I'd like to go to the earlier academy but if I have to wait until D-2016 or even A-2017 I will. I appreciate it.

Comment

Awesome, cause if possible I'd like to go to the earlier academy but if I have to wait until D-2016 or even A-2017 I will. I appreciate it.
                            You could always just call HR in Austin. They're very friendly.
                            Texas Department of Criminal Justice
                            12/2009 - 03/2016, resigned as Lieutenant

Texas Department of Public Safety
                            03/2016 - present, Trooper Recruit

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MD00082 View Post
                              You could always just call HR in Austin. They're very friendly.
                              Wow...... I did not even think of that one.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8361 users online. 448 members and 7913 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X