300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dps c-2016??

Anyone heard??? I was told that DPS will be having several classes in 2016, with another modified class in 2017. I already have to wait until April 2016 to reapply. I am too impatient to wait until 2017, and will apply for a full length class if that what it takes to get in. As of Sept.1 DPS has a new pay scale, so it wasn't hard to convince my wife that I would be gone for a few weeks if accepted. If anyone has heard anything please post. I have also heard that DPS may be changing their hiring policy up, specifically the polygraph section. For the curious, this will be my 3rd time in as many years, 5th total applying. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

D-w-h,
    Not sure. If anyone has told you but yes there are plenty of courses this next year. It has been said it is the most courses they have had, because they are tying to get as many troopers as possible and all the dates are on the site. I haven't heard any change in polygraph proceedures but that is my next step, so I guess we will figure that out. My first time trying Texas. I have tried twice for Oklahoma Highway Patrol and have been in Law Enforcement for 10 years. Just looking for something different and better!!!!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, I've been city for 10 years, I'm tired of the BS calls. But that's just me! Large city departments have a lot to choose from but it's just as hard to get on and again, deal with the BS calls that I'm completely tired of. I'm looking for something different and where I'm at there isn't much to offer to stay. TXDPS has a lot to offer and several areas to choose from. OHP has the same, but not too many areas to choose from!

Last edited by fgl_usmc; 10-22-2015, 10:04 PM.

Comment

That have investigation and Special units. But that's about it. No one leaves our deptbin the upper ranks and the detective div is full. But I'm tired of the City calls. I'd rather be self sufficient and do what I want.

Comment

Originally posted by fgl_usmc View Post
          That have investigation and Special units. But that's about it. No one leaves our deptbin the upper ranks and the detective div is full. But I'm tired of the City calls. I'd rather be self sufficient and do what I want.

If independence and having the ability to make your own calls is what you are looking for, then you have come to the right place. We provide lots of opportunity's and you can be the captain of your own ship. The department encourages you to seek out additional training. We pay well and the benefits are awesome. I am in week sixteen and I have no regrets. So what are you waiting for. Best of luck!

Comment

Oh I've already applied. I'm in the B-2016 app process.

Comment

Oh I've already applied. I'm in the B-2016 app process.

Congratulations on applying! If I can answer any questions for you feel free to reach out to me. Good luck and train hard.

Comment

If all goes well I plan on applying for the c class next month....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Tx DPS Academy
                Sept. '09

Comment

We should have an A, B, C, and D 2016 classes. Big hiring push right now. Feel free to message me if anyone has any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by jo123 View Post
                    We should have an A, B, C, and D 2016 classes. Big hiring push right now. Feel free to message me if anyone has any questions.
                    Ive also heard there will be an additional 4 classes in 2017 as well

Comment

Heard the plans are to add some 800+ troopers.

Comment

Heard the plans are to add some 800+ troopers.

Yea I heard something similar, Ive also heard conflicting stories in regards to some reports saying the academy will not be as tough PT wise so as not to lose as many cadets during the academy but then I also heard they are ramping out the standards, im not sure which is true

Comment

I can promise you that PT is one thing that will not get easier. They are actually talking about raising the minimum standards on the entry tests. PT will always be tough.

Comment

Originally posted by jo123 View Post
                            I can promise you that PT is one thing that will not get easier. They are actually talking about raising the minimum standards on the entry tests. PT will always be tough.
                            yeah it didnt really make sense to me either because from what I can tell is DPS prides themselves on how they handle PT. I think it was slayer that did say on here that the are going to raise the minimum standards for the entry test just like you did. Im curious to see how that will change the applicant and how many they are able to bring in

Comment

Originally posted by Timeforsomeaction View Post
                              Ive also heard there will be an additional 4 classes in 2017 as well
                              As of right now, all the classes in 2016 and 2017 will be full length classes. There are no short academy's scheduled for LE's with prior experience.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3078 users online. 193 members and 2885 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X