300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tx dps b-2016

Figured I would start the B-2016 thread. anyone shooting for the March academy? I took the PRT today in Houston. Passed and now waiting for the poly phase.

Originally posted by nyislesfan42 View Post
    Figured I would start the B-2016 thread. anyone shooting for the March academy? I took the PRT today in Houston. Passed and now waiting for the poly phase.
    I will be applying for the B2016 class, did you do the rower or did you do the situps, pushups and run. Im trying to find a gym that has a rower, because mine doesnt. I dont want to go in blind.

Comment

I did the rower. The gym in my apartment doesn't have a rower, but I've used one in the past. I was still surprised at how tired I felt after the 2000 meters. I would do whatever you're most comfortable doing and good luck.

Comment

I'm shooting for B-2016. I still putting together my application. As far as the self evaluation forms and the background form, do those need to be done before or is that a later in the hiring process deal? Seems like it's all required at the beginning, if you look at the hiring process page.

Comment

I believe they require that you send it all in together. I had my application notarized, but the other two forms I signed and had witness by somebody at DPS. I'm still waiting to move to the poly phase. Had to request my official high school transcript be sent. The one included was unofficial which I didn't realize.

Comment

Just got word that DPS still hasn't received my high school transcript. So aggravated right now cuz its been almost a month and my school still hasn't sent it. Don't even understand why they need my high school transcripts when they have my college transcripts and degree.

Comment

Just got word that DPS still hasn't received my high school transcript. So aggravated right now cuz its been almost a month and my school still hasn't sent it. Don't even understand why they need my high school transcripts when they have my college transcripts and degree.
              that sucks, its funny my college will send me official transcripts to my residence, however; my high school wont mail official transcripts to a residence only to another school or employer

Comment

my colleges will do the same thing. high school does the same as yours except apparently they wait a few weeks before doing so.

Comment

I take the test tomorrow. How was the written test, more importantly the math?

Comment

brush up on fractions for sure. Other than that I think the math was basic math, nothing to particularly difficult.

Comment

brush up on fractions for sure. Other than that I think the math was basic math, nothing to particularly difficult.
                      saw in the Irving PD thread that you applied there earlier this year, what happened? In regards to the fractions thats what Ive been studying the last couple of weeks

Comment

I got my no thanks letter from them. My background is borderline for being accepted for a LEO. Many more candidates have a cleaner background than myself. I was a dumb college kid, my first time being away from home and got in a little bit of trouble.

Comment

Hey guys I am from out of state and sent my application last week. Got my PRT and Written test date for the 23rd of Sept. Does anyone know how many times I will have to go to Austin to test?

Comment

Hey wash., I thought I saw somewhere that out of state applicants will make two trips. I think I saw in another post for A-2016 there was an applicant in the same position.

Comment

As for those that are watching this thread and preparing to test, and you are not a math wizard like myself...the math portion is not that hard. If it has been a while, study what is recommended on the DPS study site. Practice working the problems out by hand, and don't just focus on the short simple problems. You will get three chances to pass the written test before being DQ, and you have to score 80. If you do not pass at first, do not be discouraged, as you will know what you need to brush up on. As for the reading portion, if you can look at a picture of hammer and choose the letter with the correct answer, then you will probably be ok.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8345 users online. 454 members and 7891 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X