Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 243hunter
    replied
    The only time I've ever been asked about "official business" was when I was in the military. Would only give a discount if I had travel orders. I've never been denied a gov rate when on personal business now that I'm LEO. It's all up the the owners of that individual hotel. If you don't like their response let them know they lost a customer and go to the next hotel.

Leave a comment:

• chapwolfe
    replied
    I called the hotel direct and got the government rate. I guess as far as being on official business it's "don't ask, don't tell".

Leave a comment:

• SheepDog911
    replied
    I always use the Govt Discount rate when booking online. I have done this multiple times with Holiday Inn and Hyatt Hotels. The easiest way is to book online and check the "Government rate" box. When I check-in they never ask for ID. But they know I'm LE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• chapwolfe
    replied
    Guess I can ask.

Leave a comment:

• BikeCop501
    replied
    Im never on official business and always use the govt rate

Leave a comment:

• Slayer6x6
    replied
    Chap, the last time I stayed there, they asked for my badge and they gave me a discounted rate without my asking for it.

Leave a comment:

• chapwolfe
    replied
    I see. Well, I don't have one of those and it's not official business, so I guess I'm full-freight.

Leave a comment:

• ftttu
    replied
    Originally posted by chapwolfe View Post
    Thanks for the input. The HI-E was one of the options we were considering. Do they give LE discounts?
    We got the LEO rate which helped. It is really just the rate without taxes since we provided them with our State officer tax exempt form.

Leave a comment:

• jdthor
    replied
    About the only place i stay on trips anymore.

Leave a comment:

• BikeCop501
    replied
    HI-E corporate give a govt rate yes

Leave a comment:

• chapwolfe
    replied
    Thanks for the input. The HI-E was one of the options we were considering. Do they give LE discounts?

Leave a comment:

• ftttu
    replied
    I've stayed in the Holiday Inn Express in Wharton just last year on an extradition run. My partner and I only liked to stay in IHG hotels. We ate at Jr.'s Barbeque close by. Pretty good food and we talked a long time with the workers there. Really nice people.

Leave a comment:

• chapwolfe
    started a topic Looking for accommodation advice

Looking for accommodation advice

My daughter has as a speaking engagement in Wharton. She needs to be there at 0900, so we're looking at finding someplace to stay the night before either in Wharton or possibly Columbus since rates are cheaper and it'd only be an hours' drive the next morning.

Anyone know anything that would help? She/we will be getting reimbursed, but I'd still like to find a *nice* place to stay with a reasonable price. I found a Country Hearth motel in Columbus that looks good on the internet, but ....

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3240 users online. 194 members and 3046 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X