300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for accommodation advice

My daughter has as a speaking engagement in Wharton. She needs to be there at 0900, so we're looking at finding someplace to stay the night before either in Wharton or possibly Columbus since rates are cheaper and it'd only be an hours' drive the next morning.

Anyone know anything that would help? She/we will be getting reimbursed, but I'd still like to find a *nice* place to stay with a reasonable price. I found a Country Hearth motel in Columbus that looks good on the internet, but ....
    Officer Jay McGuire, Minneapolis Park Police EOW 5/14/2009 age 11
    Among Texas' finest
    Deputy Andy Taylor, Llano County SO EOW 5/9/2005
    Senior Deputy Jessica Laura Hollis, Travis County SO EOW 9/18/2014
    Darren H. Goforth, Harris County SO EOW 8/28/2015

I've stayed in the Holiday Inn Express in Wharton just last year on an extradition run. My partner and I only liked to stay in IHG hotels. We ate at Jr.'s Barbeque close by. Pretty good food and we talked a long time with the workers there. Really nice people.

Comment

Thanks for the input. The HI-E was one of the options we were considering. Do they give LE discounts?
      Among Texas' finest

Comment

HI-E corporate give a govt rate yes
        Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

About the only place i stay on trips anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by chapwolfe View Post
            Thanks for the input. The HI-E was one of the options we were considering. Do they give LE discounts?
            We got the LEO rate which helped. It is really just the rate without taxes since we provided them with our State officer tax exempt form.

Comment

I see. Well, I don't have one of those and it's not official business, so I guess I'm full-freight.
              Among Texas' finest

Comment

Chap, the last time I stayed there, they asked for my badge and they gave me a discounted rate without my asking for it.

Comment

Im never on official business and always use the govt rate
                  Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

Guess I can ask.
                    Among Texas' finest

Comment

I always use the Govt Discount rate when booking online. I have done this multiple times with Holiday Inn and Hyatt Hotels. The easiest way is to book online and check the "Government rate" box. When I check-in they never ask for ID. But they know I'm LE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I called the hotel direct and got the government rate. I guess as far as being on official business it's "don't ask, don't tell".
                        Among Texas' finest

Comment

The only time I've ever been asked about "official business" was when I was in the military. Would only give a discount if I had travel orders. I've never been denied a gov rate when on personal business now that I'm LEO. It's all up the the owners of that individual hotel. If you don't like their response let them know they lost a customer and go to the next hotel.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3326 users online. 201 members and 3125 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X