300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!!We are hiring!!!!

Hello everyone. Our department is hiring one officer. This is a great department with an awesome Chief.

Even though we are small, we are one of the highest paid if not the highest paid in the county. Our Chief is very proactive and he is very pro education. If you excel in a certain area and you want to go to a specialized school somewhere, he will foot the bill and send you, as long as it benefits you and the dept.

I created a recruitment brochure due to me going to the Amarillo College Police Academy's job fair tomorrow. I will paste it below for your review.

NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY BUT YOU MUST HAVE PASSED THE TCOLE EXAM AND BE CERTIFIABLE.

If you have any private questions you prefer not to post online, I would prefer you email me at [email protected] VS. sending a PM. Any other questions, please feel free to post them here and I will post my reply for all to see.

The city of Bovina is seeking a self-motivated individual to work in our city with a population of approximately 1,864. We are a progressive, yet small department and our city is located eleven miles from the New Mexico state line. We are approximately 85 miles from Lubbock and Amarillo. Our city is bordered by US Hwy 60 and TX Hwy 86.

The cost of living in Bovina and surrounding areas is quite low compared to the Lubbock and Amarillo areas. You can rent a one bedroom place for $300.00-$400.00/month or a two bedroom place for $350.00-$550.00/month. You can buy a home from only $50,000 and up. If you need assistance locating a rental, I’m here to help. It would be hard to find a better place to build a police career!

BENEFITS:
    Starting salaries for new officers begin at $35,000 with a $500.00 raise after six months and another $500.00 raise at 12 months for a total salary of $36,000/year after 12 months
    Medical, dental, and life insurance premiums are 100% paid (Officer only); dependent coverage available for a cost
    Two weeks paid vacation per year in addition to sick pay
    Allowances: $100.00/month for clothing; $35.00/month for cell phone
    Take home patrol car provided (If living in the city limits)
    City issued AR-15 assault rifle and taser
    Each officer receives their own in car computer equipped with Copsync
    Each officer receives their own body camera and in car camera.
    Our department has an electronic ticket writing system.

Applications may be obtained by visiting www.cityofbovina.net and follow the link to the police department. Have questions/concerns? Contact Officer Clint Hauck at [email protected].

West Texas?! You're damn near New Mexico! Decent pay for the area though!
    Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

Originally posted by BikeCop501 View Post
      West Texas?! You're damn near New Mexico! Decent pay for the area though!
      Yeah, I should have put very, very west Texas. LOL. We are about 90 miles NW of Lubbock and 80 miles SW of Amarillo.

Comment

I've driven through there a few times while doing extradition runs. Looked like a nice little agricultural community. I bet a lot of drugs and other crud goes through there.

Comment

A lot of pheasant go through there too

Comment

I heard you ran into some of our guys at the career fair. Now I'm back to being called by my old nickname.
            I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
              I heard you ran into some of our guys at the career fair. Now I'm back to being called by my old nickname.
              I did. I'm so sorry. I couldn't remember your name for the life of me. That's why I finally emailed you.

Do you not like that nickname? I'm really sorry man.

Comment

Well now I want to know what the nickname is
                Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

It's not bad, just prefer to know be called by it when I'm playing sports now. Not all the time.
                  I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Sounds like a nice department! I don't start the Acdemy until June. Wish I could still apply!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6039 users online. 302 members and 5737 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X