300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APD class 131

I posted under the academy section earlier, just wanted to see if anybody else got accepted into the academy that starts in march.

Congrats and good luck! I will be applying for the lateral academy in July!

Comment

APD in this case is Austin? Arlington? Abilene? Amarillo? Addison? Allen? Azle?

Comment

I'll be at the 131 class. Just got the offer letter last friday. Long process but well worth the wait. See you there.

Comment

Awesome man congrats! Looking forward to that day one!

Comment

Originally posted by fencipede View Post
            APD in this case is Austin? Arlington? Abilene? Amarillo? Addison? Allen? Azle?
            It's Austin Police Department.

Comment

I submitted an application last month (late December) and was told I would be looked at for their November 2015 academy. How long did it take you to hear from them? Congrats on making the academy!

Comment

It is normally about 6-8 months before you take your first PT test and the danny nelson test, then the background history portion of the process takes about 5 months or so. Phase 2 is really fast its done within a week of when you schedule it. All I can say is the biggest key is Patience and that was one of my biggest issues. Honesty is also very important make sure everything on your application was answered as honest as possible! Good luck for 2015. The process is long but once the academy comes around you feel very proud of yourself and it feels like an accomplishment!

Comment

Most of your academy will be during the Texas summer months (i.e. April through October). My academy was Feb through Oct, and it was one of the hottest summers I can remember. Force yourself to hydrate during classes. Fill your water bottle during every break and drink it down each time.

Comment

During the PT sessions, were they typically in the mornings before the day is the hottest? Or, do they mix it up with morning and afternoon sessions? thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by chitty777 View Post
                      During the PT sessions, were they typically in the mornings before the day is the hottest? Or, do they mix it up with morning and afternoon sessions? thanks for the help.
                      I remember my PT being mostly in the afternoon. Might not be the same for every class though. If you burn easily, apply sunscreen before you leave the house and probably again in the middle of the day. You could find yourself outside with very little notice.

Comment

thanks for the info bud.

Comment

So start to finish you guys estimate it's about a year from application to hire? Austin PD is on my list of places to apply to this week

Comment

Originally posted by OscarMike View Post
                            So start to finish you guys estimate it's about a year from application to hire? Austin PD is on my list of places to apply to this week
                            Maybe a little less. But it depends on APDs needs and how backed up they are with applications. For example I sent in my application to APD in December of 2014... I did not hear a thing from them until March, three months later. I began testing in April, and am just now finishing out the process at the end of this month for the November 2015 academy. So a rough estimate would be about a year yes.

One thing to keep in mind though is that APD will hire you based on when your application was received (as long as you pass everything that is.) A lot of departments build their eligibility list based off of applicants rankings from their scores on things like the written and physical tests... So if the higher you score, the sooner you'll be put into an academy. The way APD does it, is they build the eligibility list based off of when they received your application. In my case for example, let's say I did worse than another applicant on my overall scores from the hiring process, IF my application was received before his, I would be put into an academy sooner than he is (assuming we both made it through the entire process) Make sense?

So pretty much, get your application into APD... And then prepare for the wait haha

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3389 users online. 181 members and 3208 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X