300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Security Academies

Hoping some of you may know a good place to go...

I retired this month and we are moving to Katy from the influx of stoners here in Colorado.

I have been an LE Krav Maga and FBI instructor for seven years at work.

I want to do personal protection work in Texas and understand I need to be a level 4 security officer.

I went to the Texas Department of Public Safety website and they have a long list or accredited places.

Anybody here recommend one they have attended or have some personal knowledge of?

Thanks
    Be safe pulling back into the thread...
    http://infidelswithhonor.com/

Congratulations on retirement. Have you thought about getting your TCOLE license in Texas, and working either as a reserve or as a part time officer? Regarding security, you will have to get your Level 3 Commission (armed) as well as your Level 4 (personal protection) the place I went to is in Garland, called Texas Handgun Academy. It's up by Dallas, but a good school.
    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I think about it, but I haven't decided if I want to yet. My CO P.O.S.T. is good for three years still and I may challenge the TCOLE license, but one step at a time for now. Thanks for the school name, but that is a long way to drive every day from Katy.

I will call them and see if they can recommend a good academy in Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by Dep D View Post
        Thanks for the reply. I think about it, but I haven't decided if I want to yet. My CO P.O.S.T. is good for three years still and I may challenge the TCOLE license, but one step at a time for now. Thanks for the school name, but that is a long way to drive every day from Katy.

I will call them and see if they can recommend a good academy in Houston.
        Just be aware that TCOLE requires you to have been a full time officer within a year prior to submitting your paperwork to challenge the test! If your year passes, you can't challenge the test and will have to go through a full academy!

To me it's one of those things, if your within your year of leaving full time employment, you mise well challenge the test and become certified here in Texas. You never know when things may not go the way you want or you are offered a job in LE that you weren't expecting. One of those, I'd rather have it and not need it kinda things!
        Last edited by K9krazy21; 12-16-2014, 03:26 PM.
        "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck"

Comment

Thanks for the info about challenging...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5676 users online. 314 members and 5362 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X