Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting education hours posted with TCOLE

Hey guys,

Does anyone know the process of submitting your college transcripts to TCOLE so you can receive hours for it? I think they give you 3 TCOLE hours for every 1 credit of of college. Does that sound right to you guys?

Thanks for the help.

http://www.tcole.texas.gov/content/f...d-applications

It's called college education request form. I think there is a cost associated with it so it's usually done by your department.
    "To hell with a supervisor, men follow a leader" -Texas Ranger Captain Allee

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death."
    -Sun Tzu

Comment

I sent them a copy of my college transcript a long time ago... when it was TCLEOSE. There was a form, but I don't remember a fee.
      Officer Jay McGuire, Minneapolis Park Police EOW 5/14/2009 age 11
      Among Texas' finest
      Deputy Andy Taylor, Llano County SO EOW 5/9/2005
      Senior Deputy Jessica Laura Hollis, Travis County SO EOW 9/18/2014
      Darren H. Goforth, Harris County SO EOW 8/28/2015

Comment

Originally posted by BaylorBearSW View Post
        http://www.tcole.texas.gov/content/f...d-applications

It's called college education request form. I think there is a cost associated with it so it's usually done by your department.
        Gotcha. Thank you so much.

Comment

My Department sent mine through TCLEEDS, no cost, no paperwork, just the submission form. They do keep a copy of my college transcripts in my personnel file in case we ever get audited.
          "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck"

Comment

Originally posted by K9krazy21 View Post
            My Department sent mine through TCLEEDS, no cost, no paperwork, just the submission form. They do keep a copy of my college transcripts in my personnel file in case we ever get audited.
            I know this may be a dumb question but I work for a small 4 man dept. Do you think they will be familiar with this process your describing? Guess i can ask. Lol

Comment

Yeah it's $35 if you send in the form, TCOLE charges for everything now. When you get your intermediate, advanced, or masters certification they no longer automatically send it to you, you have to pay $35 bucks, same with academic recognition award.

Your department should have somebody set up on TCLEEDS to report training and stuff, so you should be good. My first department had my stuff added my first day, I have taken several classes since then but I am just waiting until I finish my masters degree and do it all at once.

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death."
              -Sun Tzu

Comment

Baylor, I may be wrong, but the $35 only needs to be paid if you want a certificate sent to you. An agency can add your hours through TCLEEDS for free, now if you want an academic prof. certificate than you will need to pay.

Banker,

It's an easy process, I just logged on to TCLEEDS and went over the submission process. All your agency needs to do is submit an F7 via Tcleeds..
                "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck"

Comment

^ this. TCLEDDS makes everything simple/fast/easy.
                  Chris

XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

Comment

Baylor, I may be wrong, but the $35 only needs to be paid if you want a certificate sent to you. An agency can add your hours through TCLEEDS for free, now if you want an academic prof. certificate than you will need to pay.
                    Yes, if you want the certificate(s), but they used to mail them to you automatically and I have been told of lore where they actually sent it framed to you before that. I know they got 70 of my dollars for my intermediate and for my academic recognition award, in which it says I have a Bachelor degree rather than a Bachelor's Degree. Guess I'm skilled in the art of being a bachelor, just don't tell my wife.

-Sun Tzu

Comment

Well this is all great information. Sounds lije its a very simple process. It will cost me 35 dollars if I want the certificate in hand but if all I want is the hours posted, it will be free.

Once again, I really appreciate all of you jumping in to help me out.

Comment

On the TCOLE website there is a specific form for this. If you create your TCOLE "profile" it is under one of the headings. It is real easy to navigate. If your agency has a training cordinator, let them do it.

Comment

Originally posted by D-W-H View Post
                          On the TCOLE website there is a specific form for this. If you create your TCOLE "profile" it is under one of the headings. It is real easy to navigate. If your agency has a training cordinator, let them do it.
                          Thank you for the info. I don't think we have a training coordinator. I am sure the Chief does it. Maybe after I get a little experience and have proven myself a bit...Maybe he would let me take on that role of being training coordinator. That might look nice when I apply to a larger dept.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3345 users online. 174 members and 3171 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X