300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush Library and LEOs

Anyone been to the President Bush Library in Dallas and try to get in the your pistol? The website stresses ALL firearms are confiscated and not returned.

I know we as cops can't, are aren't supposed to carry on US Military installations and the Bush Library is a federal building so just want to be prepared before we go.

I'm sure Holder would like nothing more than to prosecute a Texas cop right now for just about anything but I digress.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Holder can kiss my Texas ***. That being said, I don't know the answer to your question, but I'd say we're not allowed to carry. I'd contact them ahead of time. If nothing else, leave your gun in your car or see if you can check it at SMU PD before you go to the library.
    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

I work for a federal agency in Ft Worth and we have tours for the public. When an LEO shows up and identifies themself, we still check creds to make sure it's not an imposter. We still won't let them carry in unless on duty but we do have places to keep them so it doesn't have to be in your vehicle.

My advice would be to call the security at the library and lay it out for them and let them tell you what they allow for LEO or procedures they have to handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
        Holder can kiss my Texas ***. That being said, I don't know the answer to your question, but I'd say we're not allowed to carry. I'd contact them ahead of time. If nothing else, leave your gun in your car or see if you can check it at SMU PD before you go to the library.
        I agree 100% on Holder. He is a POS to the Nth degree. But thanks for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by eaker995 View Post
          I work for a federal agency in Ft Worth and we have tours for the public. When an LEO shows up and identifies themself, we still check creds to make sure it's not an imposter. We still won't let them carry in unless on duty but we do have places to keep them so it doesn't have to be in your vehicle.

My advice would be to call the security at the library and lay it out for them and let them tell you what they allow for LEO or procedures they have to handle it.
          Thanks. I think it's funny that it was President Bush who gave cops the legal authority to carry in all 50 states but we apparently can't carry at his Library.

Comment

Federal building is a federal building,doesnt matter whos name is on it tho.

Comment

Originally posted by jdthor View Post
              Federal building is a federal building,doesnt matter whos name is on it tho.
              Right, but I guess that is my point of contention. Why the eff can a LEO NOT carry on federal property?

Comment

Because the Feds say so,Their sand box, their rules on who gets to take a dump in it.Basically on the federal level they want to make sure they know exactly who has weapons in their building.Not alot different that we do in district courts when we dont allow CHPs in.

Comment

Originally posted by david_in_texas View Post
                  Right, but I guess that is my point of contention. Why the eff can a LEO NOT carry on federal property?
                  Don't get too butt hurt, there are places as a federal LEO I can't carry. I can't carry at the federal courthouse here, I think you have to check your weapon in if you don't have creds for that specific federal building.

Still get to cut the TSA line though

Comment

You have to leave your firearm. I tried to bring mine in but it is a Federal Installation. It is funny that the guards over there are civilian contractors security.

Comment

The Federal Protective Service is responsible for federal property that does not have its own law enforcement, like my location, and does contract security guards, ie most federal buildings. There just are not enough of FPS to patrol all the locations and act more in a regulatory and investigative capacity.

As far as my facility, I've had to direct even FBI agents to lock up their weapons or we could when they came to visit and not in an official capacity. Any officer on duty is good but off duty, we prefer to be the only ones armed and the only law enforcement presence. There is even an issue when we are off duty but that a discussion we are try to fix.
                      Last edited by eaker995; 12-09-2014, 09:22 AM. Reason: Found new information that contradicted what I had posted so I had to delete and correct the post.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6552 users online. 359 members and 6193 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X