Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

El Paso Sheriff's Department - Anyone Here Work Patrol or Detentions for Them?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El Paso Sheriff's Department - Anyone Here Work Patrol or Detentions for Them?

Hey everyone!

I'm looking for some information regarding the Sheriff's Department in El Paso County, TX. Their website isn't that informative in terms of the hiring process/timeline/career advancements/etc, so I figured I'd ask here.

Are all new (non-prior LE) applicants required to go to Detentions before they can apply to Patrol?

I know a few of the Counties where I moved from are like that so I figured EPSO was the same way seeing as how they haven't posted a Patrol Officer - Trainee position in 2014 (unless I missed it when I was OCONUS).

If this is the case, does anyone know how long you have to serve in Detentions before you can apply for Patrol with EPSO?

I don't have any LE experience, however I have a military (USMC) and OCONUS contracting background along with a BA degree. I'm looking to get my foot into a new career path and examining all options with an open mind. I know some agencies fill unlisted vacancies by way of hard-copy resume passing, so I'm open to that as well if it is an option (only through official channels or in-person of course).

Thanks for any and all advice!

Side Note: They have a Detentions Officer - Trainee position open until December 31st if anyone else is reading this and looking for employment.
    "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

I think everyone should work atleast 2 years in detention before going to the streets ,thats just me tho.

Call this number and im sure they can answer your questions

(915)538-2217

Comment

Originally posted by jdthor View Post
      I think everyone should work atleast 2 years in detention before going to the streets ,thats just me tho.

Call this number and im sure they can answer your questions

(915)538-2217
      I understand and (the experienced) part of me agrees with your opinion (whereas the other part of me doesn't despite knowing and understanding why it is important).

I have their contact info, read through the website, and emailed their HR regarding some other information. I was just looking to gather as much info as possible before I start making calls, especially about positions that aren't currently posted.

Thank you for taking the time to respond!
      "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

One year as a Detention Officer to be able to test for Deputy. Your test score and interview/assessment scores will be put into a list. If picked you will attend full peace officer academy.

They sometimes hire lateral deputies with prior law enforcement experience.

They post all their job openings in the county jobs site.

Being a Detention Officer is a good way to get LE experience until you become a deputy.

Comment

Originally posted by ManoloQ View Post
          One year as a Detention Officer to be able to test for Deputy. Your test score and interview/assessment scores will be put into a list. If picked you will attend full peace officer academy.

They sometimes hire lateral deputies with prior law enforcement experience.

They post all their job openings in the county jobs site.

Being a Detention Officer is a good way to get LE experience until you become a deputy.
          Thanks for the info!

Comment

no problem, that's were i started my LE career, good agency....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3941 users online. 245 members and 3696 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X