Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Duty Work

Hey guys.

New guy here who has permission from his Chief to work off duty.

I am sure in the large departments there is a Corporal or SGT. in charge of off duty work and you just go to them and get it. However, if you work in a small dept, how do you find the off duty work? I know we have the TML job page which is great for finding full time/reserve work but, is there a website similar to TML but focuses on off duty work? If not, how do you find it. Do you just go from Walmart, to Lowes, to Bank of America...And talk to the managers directly and see if they want to hire you?

I am looking for off duty work in the Lubbock and Amarillo area.

Thank you guys.

Contact the gas rigs. They hire a lot of cops.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmg View Post
      That is a good idea. I will start there.

If anyone else has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Comment

ask your chief as im betting he also knows where other officers are working security

Comment

I contact Amarillo PD (any larger departments in the area will probably be able to help you out). Their off-duty coordinator usually will hook us up if we have some free time and want to earn some extra dinero. My dpt is located out in the boonies so off duty jobs are few and far between (less than 4 per year which are usually quencineras/dances/etc)
          Chris

XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick1701 View Post
            I contact Amarillo PD (any larger departments in the area will probably be able to help you out). Their off-duty coordinator usually will hook us up if we have some free time and want to earn some extra dinero. My dpt is located out in the boonies so off duty jobs are few and far between (less than 4 per year which are usually quencineras/dances/etc)
            Thanks Chris, I appreciate that. I didn't realize they would be willing to help out other officers from other depts with off duty work. I figured they would keep all that for their own guys.

Can you PM me the off duty coordinators contact information you have with Amarillo PD?

Comment

Originally posted by Tmg View Post
              TMG: Do you know the names of any of the Gas rigs out in the Amarillo or Lubbock area? I currently live in Dallas so until I move out there next month I don't really know anything about the area.

I am also going to speak with my Chief as well. Just in case he knows of anything

Comment

Originally posted by BankerBoy2646 View Post
                TMG: Do you know the names of any of the Gas rigs out in the Amarillo or Lubbock area? I currently live in Dallas so until I move out there next month I don't really know anything about the area.

I am also going to speak with my Chief as well. Just in case he knows of anything
                I live in the Ftw area so no. Back when i did off duty with gas rigs, i worked for Chesapeake

Comment

Originally posted by BankerBoy2646 View Post
                  Thanks Chris, I appreciate that. I didn't realize they would be willing to help out other officers from other depts with off duty work. I figured they would keep all that for their own guys.

Can you PM me the off duty coordinators contact information you have with Amarillo PD?
                  no prob. PM sent.
                  Chris

XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

Comment

If there's any major construction out that way, they usually need some for traffic control.

The best way to find off duty work is just ask around.
                    I'm sure that if you ask enough SO, Constables, PD, or Troopers around that way they can help you out more than anyone here.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5847 users online. 317 members and 5530 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X