Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bovina Police Dept.

Hello all.

First of all, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

I was just offered a job ))))I realize this is a small Dept. on the Texas/New Mexico border (About 80 miles SW of Amarillo and 90 miles NW of Lubbock) so I expect that no one will know anything about it, LOL.

I just graduated the academy in Dallas, TX and I am looking forward to beginning my dream career. The police officers that I know out here suggested that I reach out to see if anyone knows anything about the department. Not so much as pay and benefits but as far as their reputation with officers. I was given an example of one small dept that hires nothing but academy graduates and fires most of them within the first year. (This info was given to me by a captain at the sheriffs office.) So, he suggested that I reach out to find out anything I can about this Dept.

I am looking forward to it. The Chief is a very good guy. It's a 4 man dept.(Population 2000) Their pay this year was only 28,000 but starting last month, the council approved a huge raise to 36,000. They issue a rifle, shotgun, taser and take home car (Tahoe or Charger) You do pay for your own uniforms, vest, leather gear and service weapon but they do give you 100 dollars per month clothing allowance (They front you the money for what you need and they keep the 100 per month until it's paid back, then you start getting the 100 each month thereafter) I am going to rent a 2b1b apt for only 375. So cost of living is cheap and he approved me to work all the off duty I want in Amarillo and Lubbock.

I am going to sign up with TMPA just in case god for bid I end up in a shooting or something. However, I hear they can help with wrongful terminations.

I look forward to any advice/responses you guys have.

congrats on the new job! I also recommend CLEAT. It is similar to TMPA.

I am also up here in the panhandle (hall co) this entire area is a really nice place to be an officer/deputy.
    I don't know much about the department since I am on the east side of the panhandle. One of our old deputys was a deputy with parmer county (about 2 yr ago) and he always spoke highly of bovina pd.
    Chris

XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick1701 View Post
      congrats on the new job! I also recommend CLEAT. It is similar to TMPA.

I am also up here in the panhandle (hall co) this entire area is a really nice place to be an officer/deputy.
      I don't know much about the department since I am on the east side of the panhandle. One of our old deputys was a deputy with parmer county (about 2 yr ago) and he always spoke highly of bovina pd.
      That is great to hear. The Chief of Bovina was the Chief Deputy with Parmer county until a couple years ago when a new Sheriff came in.

I will research CLEAT but is there any major advantage to CLEAT or is it pretty much the same, just personal preference?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5880 users online. 324 members and 5556 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X