300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you attend ALR hearings

Do the officers here go to the ALR hearings for their DWI arrest. My cousin who is a cop, stated that his department policy was that only the Traffic/DWI officers were the only ones required to attend the ALR hearings, but he stated recently that now all officers including the patrol officers have to attend these hearings. My cousin stated he never went because it was an administrative hearing plus, it was more cons to going rather than positives

He told me that they were subpoenas, which I didn't quite understand how he got away from not attending something that he was subpeoned to. Maybe someone can clarify it for me. He has been an officer for approx. 3 yrs, stated he went to his first 3 ALR hearings and then stopped going. I asked what happened if an officer didnt show up, he stated that to his knowledge the person just got their DL back.

Yes. Every single one. Same for all other departments in my area that I know of.

Comment

Yup... normally 9 am on my day off after working allnight. I wish we did phone ones, but those are few and far between.
      Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

Yes... 1) Because we are required to... and 2) because we get OT for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Timeforsomeaction View Post
          I asked what happened if an officer didnt show up, he stated that to his knowledge the person just got their DL back.
          True.. which means there is no incentive to provide breath or blood if you're going to get your license back either way. Which is another reason I attend ALRs. When I take someone's license, I want to make sure it stays taken away for 90 or 180 days.

Comment

People still drive on their invalid/suspended DL's here. It's just another money making and fish expedition for the defense.

Comment

Yep. No OT for me though, but I get to keep the $59 check from the defense normally (WOW!)

And I am pretty sure they have a copy of schedule so they can hold ALR after I worked all night.
              "Do not be deceived:Bad company corrupts good morals."
              1 Corinthians 15:

You are the weapon, everything else is just a tool

Comment

I have never been called to one.

Comment

Originally posted by FlashTACP View Post
                  People still drive on their invalid/suspended DL's here. It's just another money making and fish expedition for the defense.
                  Oh believe me, I know. Most of the DWIs I arrest do not have a DL in the first place. I go to fewer and fewer ALRs these days because 2 years ago I started working in an area where most people are not legal US citizens. To me, I guess it's just the principle. Also, I think for the folks who have the money to hire an attorney, losing their license actually matters.

Also, the OT makes it a pretty sweet deal for me. Sorry for those who don't get OT. That really does suck. I would resent the hell out of that.

Comment

Everyone else get PM's about low BAC and how we handle it, how we feel about it, etc
                    "Do not be deceived:Bad company corrupts good morals."
                    1 Corinthians 15:

You are the weapon, everything else is just a tool

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6435 users online. 368 members and 6067 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X