• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fort Worth Lateral announcement

This was just released today

Oops completely missed the other post.

Comment

I first rode out with FWPD in 2009- it's where I first really fell in love with the job.

I now work for a city with a population of about 65,000, but a metro population of over 120k. It's a shame my experience won't make the cut due to my city limits!

Comment

Do you know when the 2015 hiring process will begin? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by davidm View Post
          Do you know when the 2015 hiring process will begin? Thanks.
          The typical non-lateral hiring process usually opens once a year, usually during the summer. You can visit the website to fill out an interest card so that they contact you when the application windows opens: http://fortworthpd.com/Recruiting/

For those that qualify for the lateral program, today is the last day.

Comment

I filled one out a couple months ago. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

I just put mine in! We shall see what happens.

I'd have to think long and hard if I really want to do it though. I have definitely wanted to move out of my town some time in my life, and well, Ft. Worth is only a 5 1/2-6 hr drive anyways.

How is the dept morale? Is admin supportive of its officers? Is the schedule four 10's, five 8's or 12's?
              Last edited by dgtx42; 10-31-2014, 05:20 PM.

Comment

The patrol guys are on four 10's. Just from my perspective, the morale is pretty good, could be better. The admin is pretty good to the officers, for the most part. All in all I enjoy working here and have few complaints. Any city this size is going to have issues within the department but I feel like Fort Worth has less than average. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by dwebb3528 View Post
                  The patrol guys are on four 10's. Just from my perspective, the morale is pretty good, could be better. The admin is pretty good to the officers, for the most part. All in all I enjoy working here and have few complaints. Any city this size is going to have issues within the department but I feel like Fort Worth has less than average. Just my 2 cents.
                  How long you been there?

Comment

Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                    How long you been there?
                    Coming up on 10 years

Comment

Do they still offer practice tests on saturdays?

Comment

Originally posted by davidm View Post
                        Do they still offer practice tests on saturdays?
                        Talk to the folks in Recruiting.

None of the officers that post in here are assigned to recruiting or the academy, so we can only answer general questions about the department, morale, etc. Specific recruiting questions can be addressed by recruiting staff.

Comment

Originally posted by fencipede View Post
                          Talk to the folks in Recruiting.

None of the officers that post in here are assigned to recruiting or the academy, so we can only answer general questions about the department, morale, etc. Specific recruiting questions can be addressed by recruiting staff.

Thanks man, will do.

Comment

Just FYI we got word today that the Chief is trying to hold approximately 15 separate academy classes in the next 5 years. 3 per year. The next few years would be a good time to start considering Fort Worth for any of you that are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by dwebb3528 View Post
                              Just FYI we got word today that the Chief is trying to hold approximately 15 separate academy classes in the next 5 years. 3 per year. The next few years would be a good time to start considering Fort Worth for any of you that are interested.

I spoke with the recruiting officer and already received the study guide. On top of getting all of my information from the previous state I lived in. Driving record etc.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4004 users online. 176 members and 3828 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X