Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston Police Department Feb 2015 Academy

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to start a new thread for information specific to the HPD Feb 2015 academy. Is anyone in here processing for this particular academy? I know I've talked to some of you via PM but I'm sure there are others who lurk on the boards. Just curious where everyone is in the hiring process. I'm currently in the background phase and am looking forward to finishing everything up in the near future. As I've posted before, I'm an out of state applicant.

On another note, it looks like the October 2014 class started yesterday, and I think they have on or around 65. Seems like a pretty big class!

If there are any HPD officers on board, just wondering if you had any information or heard any rumors about the Feb 2015 class. Is HPD expecting a good balance between out of state applicants and local applicants? It seems like lifting the 200 mile radius that was previously required has definitely helped bring in more applicants (judging strictly off the size of the new class).

Looking forward to hearing from any other applicants, hopefully we will be working together soon!

Im i scheduled to go take my pt test next Thursday. Im from Illinois moved to Houston few weeks ago.

Comment

Awesome man good luck! Did you move to Houston specifically join HPD or did you move for other reasons? When you applied/took the written test, did the recruiters confirm that they will be processing you for the Feb class?

Comment

Other reasons but have been interested since deciding to move. The officer that originally processed me told me that if everything went smoothly I would be in the February class. So not yo delay on any process. I have no criminal past at all except a couple speeding tickets so im hoping everything goes fairly quickly and I get in.

Comment

That's great. I hope everything goes well for you throughout the hiring process.

Comment

I am waiting for phase 4 appointment

Comment

Awesome, how has the process been for you so far?

Comment

well !!! i guess everything goes smoothly except I need to change my name on the social security card so that it will be matched with the name on my driver license. and how about you?

Comment

So far so good, just chipping away at the process, really hoping for the February class.

Comment

I am currently in the process of fixing my personal history report and getting together transcripts. I am hopefully going to get into the February class if everything goes smoothly. How long did it take for them to schedule your written test and PT ? I hope all goes well with the process for everyone!

Comment

Welcome Tvara. Glad you are processing for HPD. I'm an out of state applicant so my timeline was probably different than most, but from what I understand, the process moves pretty fast for in state applicants as well. My best advice is to just ensure you have everything in order. I know you mentioned that you are fixing your Personal History Statement. My personal belief/opinion is that the more organized you are, and the more squared away your documents and application are, the better. The way I look at it is you should strive to make the recruiter's/background investigator's job as easy as possible. I'm sure they get a ton of applicants and a well-organized package containing all of the requested documents probably goes a long way. So I definitely think you are on the right track!

I hope you end up in the Feb class. Since you are in town and probably have more access to HPD news and such, have you heard any rumors/speculation about the Feb class? I know it is still very early in the game, but I'm curious how many recruits HPD is hoping to have for the class, and how many applicants have already cleared the hiring process and are just waiting on a final offer.

Keep in touch, and keep us posted on your progress throughout the process!

Comment

Hi all,
                        I keep reading news articles about how HPD is so short-staffed and desperate for new officers, and how 1/3 of the force is retirement-eligible. Are they really hiring like crazy, or is it a situation where they need officers but don't have money? The media doesn't seem to have many details...

Comment

bncunnin....I *think that there are enough open spots for qualified applicants. If there are many officers eligible for retirement yet choosing to keep working, I would personally take that as a good sign (as opposed to officers counting down the days until they can retire, and punching out asap). I do remember hearing that the current pension plan is different than the old one, so that probably plays into it as well. Are you planning on applying to HPD? Are you an in-state or out of state applicant?

Comment

That's true! I'm out of state. So far, I've only heard good things about HPD. I'll be coming to the next fast track process. Any words of wisdom?

Comment

Originally posted by bncunnin View Post
                              That's true! I'm out of state. So far, I've only heard good things about HPD. I'll be coming to the next fast track process. Any words of wisdom?
                              Tell the truth. Ive seen far too many applicants DQ'd for lying about something that would not have DQd them to begin with. And once a reputable department DQs you, the snowball starts rolling down hill and it is hard to stop.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4699 users online. 304 members and 4395 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X