300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El Paso PD Hiring (Sept 18-Oct2) & EPSO Question

Hey everyone. Just wanted to share that El Paso, TX PD is currently hiring. The website gives the following timeline:

Applications Accepted: Sept 18 - OCT 2
    Tentative Written Exam: October 13 - 15
    Job Simulation Test: TBD after passing the written exam
    Tentative Academy: Summer 2015

Good luck.

Side question: Anyone know if El Paso Sheriff's Dept (for patrol not corrections) will be hiring any time soon or have announcements planned for FY15? I emailed EP County HR, so we'll see if they say anything and/or point me in the right direction. The other thread on here (2011) mentioned that if you are entry level/trainee level that you'll have to start in corrections and transfer to patrol. Anyone know if that still holds true? Figured I'd look online before I start making calls.

Thanks.
    "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

The El Paso SO once in a blue moon hires a few lateral transfers for patrol deputies, they recently started doing this and you need a lot of experience or something to bring to the table. Otherwise you have to be a detention officer for at least a year, test, and go to PO academy. They do have a continuous announcements for DOs. A lateral transfer opening just closed last month.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4706 users online. 225 members and 4481 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X