Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offered a job but one big problem.

Good morning everyone.

I am about to graduate the academy and I have a small dept within the Dallas Metroplex who is going to give me a reserve position as soon as I graduate while I look for a full time job. This is great news except for one thing...They do not provide anything. I have to purchase all my own stuff including my uniforms.

I looked at GT Distributors who literally carry everything but holy smokes, it is so expensive. Do any of you guys know of some good places to get duty belts, uniforms etc... at a decent price? Do any of the larger departments donate any of their stuff when they upgrade? If I was able to receive a donation from a company I would certainly donate the stuff right back as soon as I got hired on with a department full time since then I would be issued everything.

One more thing, I heard that there is a way to get a free bullet proof vest through some sort of organization. I think it was called the officer down memorial fund but I am not positive about that name. Has anyone heard of this?

Thank you to all that can help.

Have a great day and be safe.

Get a galls brand belt from Galls.com They also have their own vests that are a better price.

Get safariland gear some either copquest.com or lapolicegear.com

Gt and GST are a huge rip off.

Comment

ebay is your friend.
      Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

Than you Bike Cop. Ebay was great.

I got an entire nylon duty belt with spray case, handcuff case, radio case, gun holster (Cheap one but will work for the time being), flashlight, and asp case. All for 30 bucks (brand new) Also got a brand new LE knife for 11.95 Long handcuff key with light for only 11 bucks. Really great advice, thank you.

They also have a brand new level IIIA bullet and knife resistant vest for 250ish dollars. I think I still will have to buy the plate as well because I don't think they come together.

Comment

Do not cheap out on your holster. Get a safariland als.

Comment

Originally posted by tmg View Post
            do not cheap out on your holster.
            this!
            I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

I just got a used Safariland Level III Retention Duty Holster 070, SSIII Mid-Ride Sig Sauer p226. It only cost me 15 dollars on Ebay. It is 5 years old but I am sure it works just as well. Do you all think this is a good holster?

Comment

Never used it, but if you are using a Level III, you better practice with it and be able to draw it when the defication hits the ossciliation.
                I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

For vest there is also natmil, that's what I wear. I've seen the tests but haven't been shot so I can't account for its quality first hand.

I'm a firearms dealers and can get most police and tactical equipment. I really only do gunsmithing, but I do have a retail license, thus I can get anything. I will give you equipment at cost if you want to contact be. Forewarning though, amazon and eBay have pretty good prices.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyBehind View Post
                    For vest there is also natmil, that's what I wear. I've seen the tests but haven't been shot so I can't account for its quality first hand.

I'm a firearms dealers and can get most police and tactical equipment. I really only do gunsmithing, but I do have a retail license, thus I can get anything. I will give you equipment at cost if you want to contact be. Forewarning though, amazon and eBay have pretty good prices.
                    The Natmil vest looks really good and is really affordable. None of the officers I have talked to have heard of it though. Do you have the concealable vest or do you wear the vest on the outside? How does it feel in hot weather (I am in Texas)

As far as guns go, I would like a Glock 22 and Glock 27. I don't assume you can beat the Blue Label pricing program can you?

I don't like this Nylon belt I bought so I would also be interested in a full basket weave duty belt with your common accessories IE: Cuff case, stinger light holder etc...

Thank you Sir.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5083 users online. 284 members and 4799 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X