300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing with the San Antonio Police Department

Hey everyone, I looked back awhile and couldn't really find the question I had so here goes. I sent in my application to the SAPD on May 20 of this year. Two weeks later I heard back saying they wanted me to fly down for testing. Awesome! So I fly down there and test on the 19th of June. While I was testing I got to talking to a guy who was an explorer? Or volunteered at the department he was sayin that the background check would be around around 2 months and they'd get back to me relatively quickly. He also mentioned that they were looking to have one big academy class in the fall and then kinda be done with hiring until 2016. That kind of shocked me and I wasn't sure how accurate that information was. Does anyone know if there is any truth to his statement? Also I'm coming up on 2 months and while I know it can take a long time to hear back, did anyone test around the same time as me who has heard anything? Thanks for your time!

That would make no sense for them to stop hiring until 2016. SA is one of the fastest growing cities in the US. For them to stop hiring for the better part of two years would put them at a big shortage.

I wouldn't give an explorer or volunteer's word a second thought.

Comment

I also tested on June 19, and I remember the explorer person you're talking about. My background detective called me 2 weeks ago to introduce himself, and to let me know what he was going to be doing. He said he had two other files in front of mine, and that when he got to mine he would call me and give me a phone interview.

Comment

Hey! I think I lent you my phone to use while we were there. Glad to hear you heard back man! I haven't heard anything yet... hopefully soon.

Comment

Hey if you guys don't mind, turn your private messaging on.

Comment

Yes, that was me who used your phone. I haven't heard anything back since he first called me. I called him last Tuesday and left a voice mail, just to check in with him. I have turned on my PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3014 users online. 142 members and 2872 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X