300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HPD Application and Medical Question

Hey everyone, I'm currently in the process of applying to HPD. I wanted to know if anyone could give me some insight into the medical. I'm 22, and have uncorrected vision of 20/400 (guidelines say 20/200) but corrected of 20/20. Will this be a major issue? I am also a well controlled type 1 diabetic on insulin pump therapy. I do not suffer from frequent hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia. I usually stay between 100-185 daily. My current job is intensely physical and I have no issues with diabetic maintanence.

I was wondering if any officers could lend insight in these areas as it's always been my dream to be a LEO.

Many thanks!
    John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by johnm0516; 07-29-2014, 10:19 AM. Reason: clarification

I can't speak for HPD, but problems associated with diabetes and law enforcement can be found here http://lib.post.ca.gov/Publications/Endo.pdf

While these are California's standards, the medical principles behind them do not stop at the state line.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

John, I hope it works out for you. I recently applied to HPD myself and am waiting to start the background investigation.

I would check out HPDcareer.com and if you go to requirements, there is an option to click on specific medical guidelines. While your specific medical answers may not be listed on the website, it probably wouldn't hurt to give the recruiting office a call and talk to someone directly. The Recruiting Staff has been very friendly and helpful through all my interactions with them.

Again, good luck, HPD seems like a great Department!

Comment

Hey jr03 I PMed you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4167 users online. 268 members and 3899 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X