300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lateral transfers from Tennessee

Im possibly looking to moving and was curious if my post certification from Tennessee would be recognized by Texas and what all i would have to do to switch things over to go to Texas to work. Any and all help is appreciated.

http://www.tcleose.state.tx.us/conte...ers_non_tx.cfm

I came from Indiana in 2009 and the process was fairly simple. I don't think they have changed it to much, but this link should give you all the answers.

I took a 120 hour online class from Classen Buck (google them), paid my fees to TCOLE and sent in all the paperwork they required. I had everything back and took the test within 30 days of submitting my paperwork to TCOLE.
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck"

Comment

I am assuming you are from Memphis based on how they are jacking with their officers. I would encourage you to narrow your choices to a few departments then contact them directly since most of the larger agencies will require you to go through an abbreviated academy, and will handle your TCOLE license themselves.

Comment

Some sound advice from dwebb. With that said, I still would go through the process and get certified yourself. I too had the idea of letting a bigger department handle all my stuff, but it usually doesn't work out that way.

1. Most departments that have a lateral program, require that the officer be TCOLE certified before applying and then send them through an in house abbreviated academy. The hours of the abbreviated academy, accelerated training, etc, etc, matter not to TCOLE because your training in another state has already been accepted and you would have already taken the state test and be certified.

2. An abbreviated academy does not give you the same amount of hours as an TCOLE approved academy, therefore you would not be eligible to take the state test just because you went through an abbreviated academy. If you get on with a department that sends you through an approved academy all over again, that's a different story.

I wanted to get on with a big department, but wanted options as well. I am with a smaller size agency and am loving it.. Why sell yourself short and not have every option you can have..
        "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6415 users online. 367 members and 6048 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X